What to Expect From Earth Day Deals in 2020
Earth Day, the eco-focused holiday, was first observed in 1970 and falls on April 22 every year. The theme for 2020 is Climate Action.
Earth Day Deals for 2020
As expected, we haven't seen any "true" freebies for Earth Day 2020, but there are still significant deals to take advantage of.
- Origins: Spend $65 today and receive a free tote, Plantscription serum, and a candle trio.
- Zazzle: Shop Earth Day gifts and save up to 50% via coupon code "ZAPRILOFFERS".
- Zoya: Trade in your toxic nail polish for Zoya's Big 10 Free shades. You'll have to exchange at least six bottles for this offer, but you'll receive a $5 credit toward a new bottle of Zoya polish for every bottle you plan to exchange. Plus, if you exchange 12 bottles, you'll receive bonus goodies. You'll have to apply coupon code "EARTH2020" as part of the process, and this offer runs through April 30.
- National Park Week: This year, the National Park Foundation is encouraging everyone to celebrate virtually. There are a number of activities to take part in, including virtual tours of different parks.
Celebrate Online With NASA and AMNH
If you're a parent with children stuck at home right now, check out NASA's toolkit for Earth Day. It offers a ton of free resources for anyone to use. Additionally, NASA will also be hosting a special Earth Day edition of "NASA Science Live" at 3 pm ET this afternoon.
The American Museum of Natural History, meanwhile, is airing an all-day "EarthFest" today. It starts at 10 am ET, and the last show kicks off at 8 pm ET tonight.
Will There Be Earth Day Freebies in 2020?
The short answer is "we don't know." Due to the recent coronavirus outbreak, many states are sheltering in place until the beginning of May, if not longer. Ordinarily, April would bring Tax Day freebies and specials for National Pretzel Day. However, this year many retailers aren't offering Tax Day freebies, though that could be related to the tax deadline being extended as much as health concerns.
Whatever the reason, we haven't seen any confirmed freebies for Earth Day 2020, and while we'll keep an eye out, we aren't sure that the usual types of offers will pop up this year. Bookmark this page and check back often — we'll update it with any offers we find!
Earth Day Deals From Previous Years
If Earth Day specials do make a comeback for 2020, we expect to see many of the same ones we've seen in previous years. Check out the deals that could return below.
- Amazon: The online retailer knocked 20% off second-chance products for Earth Week 2019.
- BurgerFi: The burger chain offered VegeFi and Beyond Burgers for only $5 (and gave away free packets of Heinz tomato seeds) to celebrate Earth Day.
- Caribou Coffee: Last year, shoppers could buy an Earth Month tumbler for $40 and receive free coffee for the entire month of April.
- Evos: Diners could snag a free milkshake all day on Earth Day 2019.
- National Park Service: Entrance fees were waived the Saturday before Earth Day last year, allowing outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy visiting national parks for free.
- Staples: The office supply chain offered free tech recycling to Staples Rewards members, who received $10 off a future purchase of $30 for their eco-friendly efforts.
- Youfit: Fit individuals — or those wishing to be more fit — could take advantage of an open house at this gym. Free workouts and group exercise classes were available at participating locations, along with games, giveaways, and prizes.
Readers, do you know of any Earth Day deals being offered this year? Let us know in the comments below.