Apply coupon code "3CCPJXWV" for a savings of $31, and a price that's $9 less than our mention from last week. Buy Now at Amazon
- Sold by Zefeel via Amazon.
- quick start up
- push and turn controls
- two foldable side tables
- 339 square inches of cooking space and 132.8 square inches of warming space
That's the best shipped price we could find by $14. Buy Now at Woot! An Amazon Company
- superior heat retention and even cooking
- ergonomically-designed handles
- Model: JB0200
You'd pay at least $10 elsewhere from anyone that has online buying available. Buy Now at Academy Sports & Outdoors
- Opt for store pickup to dodge the $9.49 shipping fee.
- made from 100% Jack Daniel's white oak aging barrels
- adds the distinctive flavor of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey to grilled foods
Clip the on-page $2 off coupon for first Subscribe & Save orders and check out via Subscribe & Save to make this the best price we could find by at least $6. Buy Now at Amazon
- Available in Apple at this price.
- The Cherry and Hickory options also receive $2 off clip coupons.
- alternative for charcoal briquettes
- Model: BBQC10-AP
That's the lowest price we could find by $2. Buy Now at Amazon
- expands from 14" to 20"
- gas ports on top of tube for longer burner life
- stainless steel construction
- parts included for installation
- Model: 5439856R06
That's $30 under what you'd pay from Masterbuilt direct. Buy Now at Dick's Sporting Goods
- uses LP gas
- 1.3 cu. ft. of cooking area
- 8,000 BTU
- stainless steel burner with auto ignition
- heat indicator
- cool touch spring wire door handle
- water, wood chip pans included
- Model: 26142G
Apply coupon code "73SQHVHV" to get the lowest price we could find by $55. Buy Now at Amazon
- Sold by Shinerich Group via Amazon
- grill swivels 360° and is height adjustable
- includes poker and collapsible log rack
- reinforced steel frame
- measures 24" x 32"
It's $150 under list price. Buy Now at Walmart
- 4 chrome-coated smoking racks
- Meat probe thermometers for great results every time
- Digital panel controls on/off, temperature, cook & smoke time--preset smoke & cook cycles automate pellet smoking process
- Pellet hopper holds over 12 lbs of wood pellets for hours of cooking without reloading
- Auger moves wood pellets from the hopper for even, consistent cooking from 180deg F-350deg F
- Model: MB20250118
- UPC: 094428272026
It's $5 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- ULTIMATE 8-IN-1 (Cover included): Barbecue wood fire pellet grill: bbqbakeroastbraisesmokegrillsearchar-grill
- Pellet Grill Technology: There isn't an easier way to get wood-smoked flavors than with a pellet grill. Try it, and you'll taste the difference from a GAS or CHARCOAL grill
- Set the Temperature, Relax, and Enjoy: Z Grills pellet grills will do all the work for you once you set the temperature. No labor-intensive start-up. No babysitting the grill. Enjoy the cooking!
- Consistent Results Every Time: The PID technology holds the tightest temperature possible throughout your cooking for consistent results.
- Smoke, Grill, and Everything in Between: With its 180 to 450 F temperature range, this pellet grill has 8-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, sear, braise, barbecue, and char-grill with incredible hardwood flavor.
- Designed for Small Families, yet Big on Flavor: Perfectly sized for small households, the 450A features 452 sq. in of cooking space while infusing big flavors into your food.
- Built to Last: Sturdy steel construction with a high-temperature powder coating finish makes the pellet grill long-lasting, bringing you years of ultimate wood-fired grilling experience.
- Less Pellet Filling, More Smoking: The 15 lbs large-capacity pellet hopper offers longer cooking time, eliminating the need to refill the hopper constantly.
- Model: ZPG-450A
- UPC: 614552715628
It's $21 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- Maintains Consistent Temperature & Saves Pellets: The blanket acts as a buffer between your grill and the elements, allowing for consistent temperatures without burning extra pellets.
- Durable Material: Silicone-impregnated fiberglass fabric & fire-resistant insulation cellucotton
- Unique Magnetic Design: The insulation blanket securely attaches to your grill thanks to built-in heat-resistant magnets
- Safety: Complete cover the whole grill hood and body to keep your safe away from the high temperature
- Grill All Year Around: Let you enjoy smoking and grilling all year round
- Model: TB
It's $9 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 3/8" wide blade with sharp tip
- easy grip wood ergonomic handles
- includes heavy duty travel bag
- Model: 25618NEW
It's $86 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- Versatility 8-in-1 Pellet Grill:Grill, BBQ, smoke, roast, braise, bake, sear and char-grill, 8-in-1 versatility allows you to cook hot/fast or low/slow. Smoke ribs, jerky, fish, bake biscuits, pizza, grill burgers and vegetables, anything you would like to cook.
- Advanced Wood-Fired Technology:Z GRILLS wood pellet technology brings you unique wood-fired flavor that a charcoal or gas grill cannot do. The advanced auger system makes it possible to automatically feed pellets and maintain the temperature according to the dial you set. 10 lbs pellets can be used for 5 hours while staying at smoke dial. This eliminates the need to constantly refill the hopper and conserves the energy.
- Upgraded PID Controller: The smart digital control system helps to control the temperate easily and precisely. Upgraded PID technology holds the tightest temperature possible throughout your cook for consistent results, ensures consistent temperatures (+/- 5F). The Convection heat distribution technology ensures that food can be heated evenly without burns. Besides, the digitally control board with LCD read out displays temperature for you to read it easily.
- Built to Last: This grill is built with sturdy steel that can last years to come. It boasts high-temperature powder-coated finish, non-stick porcelain enamel cooking grates, durable stainless steel lid handle, and well-sealed lid for better heat retention.
- Extra bottom shelf for storage: The bottom shelf provides the space to place your grilling tools, condiments, and so on, keeping what you need within reach.
- Model: ZPG-5502H
- 6 automatic cooking programs
- 600-square centimeter cooking surface
- 2 cooking modes
- removable nonstick plates
- plates and drip tray are dishwasher safe
- Model: GC7
It's $90 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- ULTIMATE 8-IN-1--Barbecue wood fire pellet grill: grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, barbeque.
- PELLET GRILL TECHNOLOGY-- FLAVOR--There just isnt an easier way to get the flavor of wood smoked food than with a pellet grill. Try it and youll taste the difference from a GAS or CARBON grill; ACCURACY--Most stay within 10 degrees of the set temperature, no matter if its 10 degrees or 110 degrees outside; EFFICIENCY--You can cook for about 20 hours per 20 lbs. of pellets. When you do the math, you will find that pellet cooking typically costs less than a comparably sized GAS or CARBON gr
- EASIER THAN YOU THOUGHT--One button starts up and temperature control eliminates starter fluid. No need to run to the local station to trade in your propane.EASY TO USE--Electronic AUTO-Start Ignition, Digital Auto Temperature Control, LED temperature readout. Super easy cooking even for beginners. EASY TO CLEAN--Special Designed Waste Oil Collector to assist you with safe and easy cleanup. EASY TO MOVE--Upgraded cart with locking caster wheels.
- 2020 UPGRADE--Known Issues Fixed and More Precise Temperature Control and Pellet Feed Control System. The new upgrade digital control board auto ignites the grill and allows you to set the cooking temperature from 180f to 450f.
- AUTOMATED ELECTRIC FEED SYSTEM--Maintains the heat within 10 degrees of the set temperature for you from 180f to 450f and produce the optimal amount of smoke. Just set it and let it work: No more babysitting. Enjoy the cooking!FAN-FORCED CONVECTION COOKING--Eliminates the need for a rotisserie and creates a versatile environment for grilling, roasting, smoking, braising and baking.Whether you want to grill some hot dogs or slow smoke a rib roast, pellet grills can do it all with ease.HUGE G
- FAN-FORCED CONVECTION COOKING--Eliminates the need for a rotisserie and creates a versatile environment for grilling, roasting, smoking, braising and baking.Whether you want to grill some hot dogs or slow smoke a rib roast, pellet grills can do it all with ease.
- HUGE GRILLING AREA--grilling area Dimensions 19. 2 x 26 inches, smoking/warming rack Dimensions 6. 9 x 27. 5 inches, total rack surface area 700 square inches. 20 pounds hopper capacity.
- STAINLESS STEEL BUILT--High resistance to corrosion means a longer lasting grill, with a sleek and polished finish.
- US-BASED Brand --Manufacturer 3 year warranty, please see the PDF file in Warranty & Support part for details. Were a U. S-based Brand that has been making high-quality grills and smokers for more than 30 years. With warehouses in Los Angeles, California and Atlanta, Georgia, weve exported top-of-the-line products to Europe and all around the United States. Were proud of what we do and stand behind everything that we build.
- 100% SATISFACTION --Buy with confidence, as we offer 30-days refund/replacement and 3 years warranty.
- Model: ZPG-7002B
- UPC: 688932218344, 600984633944
BBQ Grills: The Basics of Getting a Great Deal
Simply put, a BBQ grill is an outdoor appliance used to cook food. A grill can handle virtually anything you’d make on your household stove — and then some. There are several benefits to outdoor cooking on a BBQ grill you seldom see indoors:
- A large cooking surface
- Different fuel types
- The ability to easily contain the mess of cooking fatty or oily foods
Better yet, grills are ideal for making your neighbors jealous. Here’s how you can get a deal on a BBQ grill.
Grill Types & Terminology
There are several terms you should know when buying a grill:
Gas Grill: A grill that uses gas (propane or household natural gas) as its fuel source is usually used for medium and high-heat cooking. This type of grill is easy to start, easy to shut off, and offers heat control. They are usually started with a built-in ignitor or external fire source (such as a lighter), and must be hooked up to a propane tank or household gas line.
Charcoal Grill: A charcoal grill uses charcoal briquettes as its primary fuel source. These types of grills can usually also use wood or a charcoal/wood combination for fuel. Charcoal grills are typically more complex to start and shut off, and they’re a bit dirtier to run. Maintaining a steady temperature requires a lot of practice.
That said, these grills lend a unique flavor to food, based on the charcoal or wood you use. You can also take them anywhere without a need for external fuel or connections. Many charcoal grills have specialized accessories that allow you to smoke your food at low temperatures.
Pellet Grill: Relatively new, the pellet grill uses little wood pellets as a fuel source. The design is unusual: the pellets are contained in an external box that uses a big corkscrew to move the pellets into the firebox. An electric fan blows air into the firebox to control the rate of burn and temperature output. The major downside to this type of grill is it must be plugged into an external power source.
However, these grills help you precisely control the temperature. Most pellet grills can also double as smokers when equipped with a specialized heat shield accessory.
Electric Grill: An electric grill uses electricity to heat the cooking surface. It is very easy to use, start, and shut off, but does require an electrical connection. The major downside of an electric grill is the inability to add any sort of flavor from the fuel source. They are also typically small, so you are limited in how much food you can make at once.
Smoker: Smokers use some form of offset heat to generate a low-heat, high-smoke cooking surface. There are many smoker types that create smoke in a variety of ways, and use every type of fuel: electric, charcoal, wood pellets, and gas.
Griddle: A griddle works in essentially the same way as a grill, except a griddle has a flat, non-porous surface that keeps oils and fats in place. Most griddles use gas or electricity as the fuel source, although you can add a griddle accessory to any type of grill. Griddles can also be added as side mounts on higher-end grills.
Sear Box: A sear box can also be added as a side mount on higher-end grills. Usually using gas as a fuel source, a sear box is a small grill with a large flame output, which allows it to reach temperatures a standard grill cannot. Sear boxes are ideal for cooking meat such as steak and pork chops — where a sear or char mark is desirable.
Popular Grill Brands
There are a variety of popular brands in the grill world. Here are some of the most common brands you will come across:
Recommended Accessories for Grills
Every backyard grill master needs certain accessories to cook the perfect meal. Here are some of the most common:
- Fuel: Charcoal briquettes, wood, wood pellets, or a propane tank. (Tip: Once your propane tank is empty, you can exchange it for a full one.)
- Fire starter: There are many tools for starting a fire, from simple matches and newspapers to blow torches and starter logs.
- Handling tools: Look for large tongs, a meat fork, and a spatula for moving food around.
- Cleaning tools: You’ll need grill cleaning spray, a scrub stone, and a wire brush.
- Thermometer: A meat thermometer that determines temperatures instantly is great, but you can also get a probe thermometer that plugs into your grill.
- Pans: Purchase drip pans for catching drippings or holding liquids to disperse humidity for smoking.
- Grill cover: It's important to protect your grill and keep it as clean as possible; a good quality cover will extend the life of your grill.
Where to Buy Discount BBQ Grills and Score a Deal
While most people automatically think of big-box hardware stores like Lowes and Home Depot for deals on BBQ grills, you can also find grill deals at smaller hardware stores (such as Ace Hardware and Menards), sporting goods stores (such as Bass Pro Shops and Sportsmans Warehouse), and megaretailers like Walmart and Target.
Of course, the benefits of buying from a local store is the grill is typically pre-assembled and ready to be loaded up and brought home. Amazon, Wayfair, BBQguys, HSN, Rakuten and other online stores all offer grills shipped to your house, but sometimes they require assembly. Many stores even offer in-home assembly as an option.
How to Pick the Right Grill for You
With so many types of grills, applications, and price points, picking the right BBQ grill may seem daunting. It really all depends on what you plan to cook, where you want to cook it, and what types of features you may be interested in.
If you want simple startup, simple cleanup, and ease of use, a traditional gas grill is the way to go. While you won’t make amazing brisket or smoked spare ribs on a gas grill, it will function very similarly to your stove and is perfect for some burgers, hot dogs or veggies--even fish. Its also good for large groups because they often come in large sizes with tons of features available and are generally easy to use because temperature control is straightforward.
If you are always on the move and cooking wherever you might be such as when camping, RVing, or stopping by a friends home, an electric grill may be right for you. What is easier than simply plugging it in and throwing some food on? The only drawback is they are usually on the smaller side and are not suitable for large parties.
For a more traditional approach that allows you to instill a variety of flavors and unique char on certain meats, a charcoal or wood fire grill is great. You can easily find great deals on these types of grills as they come in all types of shapes, sizes, and build qualities from a variety of popular brands.
Keep in mind that with charcoal/wood grills, you get what you pay for: the higher end models will hold heat better and have great features that will allow for easier management and cleanup. Speaking of cleanup, that is one of the drawbacks of these grills, as you’ll want to empty out the ashtray or vacuum them out after every couple of uses.
For the ultimate in traditional BBQ-ing and ease of use, you will want a pellet grill/smoker combo. A pellet grill is very easy to startup and shut down and is generally cleaner to run than a comparable charcoal/fire grill. Additionally, pellet grills will often allow for a conversion between direct flame and offset heat to also allow for smoking.
It’s that low and slow smoking approach that helps render down fat and produces soft, juicy meats that retain flavor and create a nice bark. The main drawback of pellet grills is they are often more complex and therefore more expensive than their counterparts. Plus, you need to make sure you stock up on pellets and have a power source to run the unit.
BBQ Grill on the Blog
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Should I Pay for a BBQ Grill?
The amount you pay for your BBQ grill really depends on how often you plan to use it and the type of grill you want. Deals on portable charcoal grills can be had for as low as $25, and that’s fine if you plan to use it once or twice a year.
However, if you plan to grill often, it's worth investing in something more substantial. High-end, consumer-grade grills and smokers can run upwards of $1,200 for larger models. Not to mention, these models can call for another $400 in accessories. For most people, a good enough grill can be had for $300 to $400.
Should I Buy a Gas, Charcoal, or Pellet Grill?
Gas grills are easy to use and clean, but they require a supply of gas — either in the form of a plumbed household gas line or a propane tank.
A charcoal grill is typically less expensive than its counterparts, and imparts charcoal or wood fire flavor to your food. A charcoal grill can also provide smoking features.
A pellet grill is more expensive, but can manage heat better. Pellet grills also offer flavor and smoking features.
When do Grills Go on Sale?
Most grill deals and sales can be found between March and October. We generally recommend shopping for the best grill deals toward the end of the season in September or October.
Gennady loves writing about tools and home improvement on a regular basis. He's currently building his own workshop in his home, and loves wrenching on his car.