A Black Friday clothes sale is one of the best opportunities to stock your closet. It's also one of the few times you can score discounts on seasonal apparel when you actually need it!
To help you plan for a marathon shopping session, we've put together the ultimate Black Friday fashion guide. Read on for the top items to watch for during the big event, including the best buys for men, women, and children.
The Best Clothing Deals for Black Friday 2019
Here are the best clothing deals we've seen in the Black Friday ads.
The Top Black Friday Deals on Men's Clothing
- Saddlebred Men's Long-Sleeve Polos for $10 at Belk
- IZOD and Saddlebred Men's Jeans Buy one pair, get two pairs free at Belk
- Apt. 9 or Haggard Men's Suit for $85 + $15 Kohl's Cash at Kohl's
- Lee and Wrangler Men's Jeans Buy one pair, get a second pair free at Belk
- Adults' Sweaters for $10 at Target
- Wrangler Men's 5 Star Jeans for $12 at Walmart
- Men's Suits, Sport Coats, and Overcoats for $100 at Macy's
- Club Room Men's Cashmere Sweaters for $50 at Macy's
The Top Black Friday Deals on Women's Clothing
- Kim Rogers Women's Twist V-Neck Sweater for $10 at Belk
- SO Women's Fashion Boots for $17 at Kohl's
- Wild Fable Women's Jeans for $10 at Target
- Adults' Boots for $15 at Target
- Women's Sweaters for $10 at JCPenney
- Women's Boots for $20 at Macy's
- Charter Club Women's Cashmere Sweaters for $40 at Macy's
The Top Black Friday Deals on Kids' Clothing
- Baby and Toddler Pajamas from $6 at Kohl's
- Cat & Jack Toddlers' and Kids' 2-Piece Sleep Sets for $5 at Target
- Cat & Jack Toddlers' and Kids' Jeans for $8 at Target
- Kids' Sweaters for $10 at Target
- Kids' Pajamas for 60% off at JCPenney
- Wrangler Boys' Jeans for $9 at Walmart
- Kids' 3-Piece Licensed Character Robe and Pajama Set for $15 at Sam's Club
- Girls' 2-Piece Character Sleepwear Sets for $5 at Walmart
- Boys' 2-Piece Character Sleepwear Set for $5 at Walmart
- Kids' Puffer Coats for $16 at Macy's
NOTE: The information below was assembled before the Black Friday ads came out. Please refer to the ads above before making any shopping plans.
Last year on Thanksgiving, a huge 42% of the clothing deals we listed earned our "Staff Pick" designation. That number hit 39% on Black Friday, and on Cyber Monday, these top-notch offers made up 51% of our clothing deals. Thanksgiving and Black Friday had the most clothing sales overall, though.
You can click any of the links below to jump ahead in this article and learn more about that topic.Black Friday Men's Clothing Deals
- Shop suits for $100 or less at stores like Macy's
- Men's boots will drop to $20; save up to 70% on athletic shoes
- Men's shirts will fall to $3, while polos could drop below $10
- Get up to half off name brand jeans at Amazon
Black Friday Women's Clothing Deals
- Women's sweaters will cost as little as $6
- Women's jeans could hit $10
- Boots will likely fall to $20 per pair
- Hold off on lingerie until after Christmas
Black Friday Kids' Clothing Deals
- Kids' clothing prices will be up to 80% off
- Kids' winter jackets will be as cheap as $12
- Kids' pajamas could fall below $10
- Kids' shoes will be at least half off
Black Friday Men's Clothing Deals Preview
Shop Men's Suits for $100 or Less
When it comes to shopping for men's clothes around Black Friday, certain categories tend to see better deals than others. And suits are among the top picks we're recommending for 2019. We expect to see suit deals for around $100 at stores like Macy's during the Black Friday season, but other retailers will jump in as well. Watch for Men's Wearhouse to offer select suits as part of a buy one, get one free deal, and for Jos. A. Bank to drop prices on certain styles to as little as $79.
Save Up to 70% on Men's Athletic Shoes
In the market for shoes? Your best bet will be to shop for athletic shoes and boots, then wait until Cyber Monday for other shoe types. Stores like Joe's New Balance Outlet will knock up to 70% off a range of styles, while brands like Adidas will offer slightly more modest discounts of up to 50% off.
And if you need boots, look for department stores to drop prices to around $20. But also keep an eye out for a rare discount at L.L.Bean — last year it took 25% off its collection of Bean boots for the whole family and offered free shipping.
Men's Polo Shirts Could Drop Below $10
If you're looking for new shirts, you'll be able to find them super cheap. Just be prepared to look before Black Friday. For instance, last year Old Navy kicked off its pre-Black Friday sale by dropping the price of men's shirts to $2.98, while the Wednesday before the shopping day, Aeropostale knocked shirt prices down to $2.60.
If you're in need of casual shirts, watch for polo shirts to be as cheap as $8 at retailers like Amazon. Stores like Jos. A. Bank, meanwhile, could drop prices to a still-affordable $10. And Hanes could bring back its BOGO free offer for polos.
Get Brand-Name Men's Jeans at Up to Half Off
Black Friday is a great time to stock up on denim, as some retailers offer up their best sales during this time. While you can find men's jeans for as little as $7 at the likes of Walmart, you'll also have the opportunity to snag higher-end pairs at excellent prices.
Amazon will likely have big-name brands like True Religion, Levi's, and Tommy Hilfiger at up to 50% off. We commonly see Levi's and Lucky Brand denim drop to $25 around this time, and there's a chance PacSun could bring back its BOGO sale — last year, shoppers could grab one denim item and get a second one for free.
Black Friday Women's Clothing Deals Preview
Sweaters for Women Will Cost Just $6
It's rare to be able to snag discounts on seasonal apparel when you actually need it, but Black Friday will provide ample opportunities to grab cozy sweaters you can wear right away. Stores like Old Navy will offer these cold-weather necessities for as little as $6, but even Gap Factory will have affordable styles for around $20. Need a festive sweater for the company holiday party? Watch for Amazon to knock up to 40% off a number of "ugly sweater" styles.
Women's Jeans Could Reach $10
Much like men's denim, jeans for women will be a great buy during the Black Friday season. If PacSun's sale returns, women's denim will be part of the BOGO free offer, and Amazon will cut the prices of True Religion and Levi's by up to 50%.
Not worried about brands? There's a good chance Spring will drop Dockers women's jeans to a super affordable $10. That's not bad for a utilitarian pair that could outlast your typical pre-distressed designer jeans!
Boots for Women Will Likely Fall to $20
Footwear is another category you should check out around Black Friday. It's an excellent time to stock up on women's boots, as they'll drop to $20 per pair at stores such as Macy's, Belk, and Amazon. Macy's could also include these kicks in a BOGO free sale, and extend free shipping as part of the deal. That would make it a must-shop offer for anyone who needs (or wants) new boots.
SEE ALSO: Apple Black Friday Preview 2019
Don't forget to watch for L.L.Bean to take 25% off its Bean boots, which are suitable for seriously icy winter conditions.
Hold Off on Lingerie Until After Christmas
Lingerie is one category to avoid during the myriad sales. Victoria's Secret will most definitely have a Black Friday sale, as will Soma. However, hold off unless there's an item you really need for a holiday gift. After Christmas, both of these stores will launch semi-annual sales that will likely have better deals — and a wider selection — than Black Friday.
Black Friday Kids' Clothing Deals Preview
Kids' Clothes Will Be Up to 80% Off
Kids tend to grow like weeds, so you have to seize any opportunity to stock up on apparel that'll fit. Specialty retailers such as Carter's and The Children's Place will knock up to 80% off a wide range of items around Black Friday. Individual pieces will likely be as cheap as $4, making it a good time to buy enough basics to tide kids over until their next growth spurt.
That said, skip the festive holiday attire for now. You'll see better deals on it closer to the holidays, so if you need something sparkly for the little ones, you'll likely have better luck in December.
Kids' Jackets Will Be as Cheap as $12
Looking to ward off winter's chill? Thankfully, kids' jackets will drop to less than $20. Look to Old Navy and Macy's to offer them between $12 and $16. Need lighter outerwear? Outdoor stores like Columbia will drop the prices of windbreakers to around $14. Meanwhile, Amazon will discount brands like Columbia and Arctix by up to 30%.
Kids' Pajamas Could Fall Below $10
Maybe you gift the kids in your family new PJs for the holidays every year, or perhaps they're just in need of new sleepwear. Either way, Black Friday is the time to look for deals. Stores like Macy's will discount pajama sets to $20 or less and include styles for the whole family — not just the little ones. Target will discount character pajamas heavily, knocking kids' styles to as little as $5, and stores like Carter's will offer PJs for around $8 to $10.
Kids' Shoes Will Be at Least Half Off
If your kids are in need of new kicks, stores like Carter's will likely include them as part of a BOGO free sale. This will be an excellent chance to stock up, but even if you miss out, other retailers will have plenty of savings to offer. Stores like Shoes.com will take up to 75% off styles across its site, and Sorel will knock up to 55% off for kids, as well.
See All the 2019 Black Friday Sneak Previews!
- Black Friday Sneak Previews Home
- Black Friday Apple Sneak Preview
- Black Friday Clothing Sneak Preview
- Black Friday Travel Sneak Preview
- Black Friday TVs Sneak Preview
- Black Friday Phones Sneak Preview
- Black Friday Laptops Sneak Preview
- Black Friday Gaming & Toys Sneak Preview
- Black Friday Electronics Sneak Preview
- Black Friday Smart Home Sneak Preview