What to Expect From Walmart Black Friday Deals in 2021
The Walmart Black Friday ad is out now! Walmart is one of the biggest players when it comes to the Black Friday game, but don't let that overwhelm you. They're no stranger to online sales, so you can absolutely expect to shop in your pajamas once again this year. If you want to venture in-store, however, we have details on what to expect there, too.
Check out our guide to find out everything about Walmart Black Friday deals, from when sales will start to what kinds of discounts you'll see.
The 10 Best Walmart Black Friday Deals in 2021
- Xbox Series S for $299 — Yes, this is list price, but the fact that some stores will have this console makes it worth noting, as the Series S has been so hard to find.
- Apple Watch Series 3 for $109 — This is the best price we've seen for this model all year long, and beats our prediction by $10.
- onn. 70" Smart TV for $398 — This is an incredible price for a set this size, and it beats last year's best Black Friday price for the same size class.
- Xbox Series X for $499 — Again, this is list price, but if it means avoiding price gouging from third parties, it's worth it.
- PlayStation 5 for $499 — This is also list price, but again, if you can avoid price gouging and actually manage to snag one of these consoles, this is worth knowing about.
- Apple AirPods Pro for $159 — We saw these for $179 earlier this year, but the lowest price we've seen is $169, and this Black Friday deal beats that by $10.
- Fitbit Charge 4 for $69 — The lowest price we've seen on this fitness tracker in 2021 is $100, though it was bundled with $20 Kohl's Cash. This deal is outright the best we've seen for this previous-gen wearable.
- onn. 40" Smart TV for $128 — This beats last Black Friday's price for this size class by $72, and is a strong price for a smart TV of this size in general.
- Vizio 70" Smart TV for $498 — If you care about brand names, Vizio is a solid one, and this is a strong price for a set this size.
- Select iPhones and the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G with up to $750 in eGift cards — Shop select iPhones (including the iPhone 13 lineup), and receive up to $500 on a Walmart eGift card with activation and purchase on an installment plan. Additionally, get up to another $250 on an eGift card with eligible trade-ins.
NOTE: The information below was assembled before the Black Friday ads came out. Please refer to the ads above before making any shopping plans.
What to Expect From Walmart Black Friday Deals in 2021
When Does the Walmart Black Friday Sale Ad Come Out?
In 2019, the Walmart Black Friday sale ad came out around November 14, but 2020 was a weird year. Rather than one sale or even only one ad, Walmart released an initial two ads on October 19. They then released the main Black Friday ad on November 16. With that trend, we're expecting the Walmart Black Friday sale ad for 2021 to be released no later than November 15.
SEE ALSO: When Do Black Friday Ads Come Out?
When Does Black Friday Start at Walmart?
In an ordinary year, Walmart Black Friday deals would roll out on Thanksgiving evening, or even potentially the night before. But with 2020 being what it was, that was not the kind of Black Friday event the store held. Deals rolled out all month long in November, with the first sale starting on November 4 and the second starting November 11. Then for the main event, Walmart posted deals on November 25, which was the day before Thanksgiving, and dropped new offers on Black Friday itself.
That was a huge departure from other Black Fridays, but will 2021 look anything like that? We don't know yet, as Walmart is being pretty quiet about its Black Friday 2021 plans so far. But given that radio silence, the odds are likely it won't be anything quite like last year. In fact, Walmart Black Friday deals will likely start on Wednesday evening, with more deals being available online and in-store on Black Friday itself.
Will Walmart Be Open on Thanksgiving?
Like other retailers, Walmart has decided to once again close all stores for Thanksgiving Day in 2021.
When Is the Best Time to Shop?
If Walmart Black Friday deals start the day before Thanksgiving this year, there may be a few noteworthy offers to snag then. Historically, Turkey Day itself has been the clear winner, with more deals overall and more Staff Pick offers from Walmart. But this year, as the store is closed on Thanksgiving again, Black Friday will be a strong contender instead. We expect many deals to start that day following last year's trend, and there's a good chance we'll see the most deals overall then as well. We also anticipate seeing more deals that are the "best of the best" on Black Friday proper — those that we give our Staff Pick designation to.
What's on Sale at Walmart on Black Friday?
Walmart's Black Friday deals will cover a huge variety of categories, including home goods, electronics, toys, small kitchen appliances, and more.
Watch for smart home devices to be super affordable. Last year, Google's current generation Nest Mini dropped to only $19, while the Nest Hub was only $50. We also saw a Google smart thermostat for $129.
Household items like vacuums will be common, too. Last year Walmart offered the iRobot Roomba 670 for $179, the Shark IQ robot vacuum RV1000 for $200, and the Shark self-empty navigation robot vacuum for $329.
Streaming media players will also be huge at Walmart during its Black Friday event. In fact, it's usually the retailer that offers the the most discounted Roku devices during this time. In 2020, Walmart offered the Roku Premiere streaming device for $24, Roku streaming stick+ for $29, the Roku Ultra LT for $59, and the Roku Ultra for $69.
Toys are always a popular item around Black Friday at Walmart, but it's important to remember that in 2021, there's a good chance these items will be in short supply. Watch for LEGO sets to be part of the deals, as well as products from popular franchises like The Mandalorian.
What Will Be the Big Walmart Black Friday Doorbusters?
TVs often make up a huge portion of Black Friday doorbusters at tons of retailers, and Walmart is no different. Last year we saw a 32" smart Roku TV for $130, a Samsung 58" smart TV for $398, and a Sony 65" smart set for $598. One of the best TV deals we saw, though, was for a massive 75" Samsung smart TV for only $748. Sets of this size often cost more than $1,000, so this was definitely a steal.
What About Walmart Cyber Monday Sales?
When Does the Walmart Cyber Monday Sale Start?
Historically, Walmart's Cyber Monday sale typically starts on the holiday itself. This year, Cyber Monday is on November 29, so we expect Walmart to kick off the holiday at 12:01 am ET then.
What Walmart Cyber Monday Deals Will Be Available?
Walmart will likely have deals on nearly every category for Cyber Monday, but the best ones to watch will be home goods, toys, and electronics, if historical trends continue.
Last year, TVs started at only $69 on Cyber Monday, as did select Fitbit devices. Additionally, Walmart's ad featured a Lenovo Chromebook for only $159. Watch for things like cookware sets to be around $50, in-demand toys to be only $20, select clothing to start at $9, and winter boots to be around $35 depending on the brand.
Can't wait for Black Friday? Check out all of our predictions for 2021 now!