Walmart is a huge player when it comes to Black Friday, but that shouldn't intimidate you. Thanks to the retailer's aggressive online sales, you can shop in the comfort of your pajamas, plus we've got the details if you want to venture in-store. Walmart's Black Friday event starts at 7 pm ET online on Wednesday, November 25, and in-store deals will be available beginning November 27 at 5 am local time.
The 15 Best Walmart Black Friday 2020 Deals
The last Walmart 2020 Black Friday ad is out now! Check out our top picks to look forward to below.
- Vizio 70" 4K UHD SmartCast TV for $478 — This beats the best Black Friday price we saw last year for a set of this size.
- Apple AirPods Pro for $169 — This beats the best deal we've seen by $21.
- Apple Watch Series 3 38mm for $119 — Not only is this the best price we've seen for a new model, it also beats the best deal we've seen for a refurb.
- Apple Watch Series 3 42mm for $149 — This is $50 less than the best deal we've seen this year.
- Video Games for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch from $15 — While we hoped to see prices drop lower, this is still a strong starting price for games for three major consoles.
- Samsung 58" 7000 Series 4K UHD smart TV for $398 — This beats the average Black Friday price we saw last year for sets in this size class.
- Samsung 65" 7000 Series 4K UHD smart TV for $478 — This is a strong price for a name-brand set of this size, and it beats the average Black Friday price we saw last year for the 60" - 69" range.
- Fitbit Versa 2 smartwatch for $129 — This Black Friday offer is within $1 of the best outright price we've seen for this wearable.
- Fitbit Inspire 2 fitness tracker for $69 — This wearable was just released in late September, so a $30 drop for Black Friday is noteworthy.
- Tranquility 12lb. Weighted Blanket for $17 — This is a great deal for a weighted blanket and only $2 more than the lowest price we've seen on a weighted insert.
- Roku SE streaming media player for $17 — This is a strong price on a streaming media player in general.
- Google Nest Mini for $19 — We thought this gadget would drop below $30, but not this low, so this is an offer not to miss.
- Third-generation Google Chromecast for $19 — This beats our predictions by $6. The deal also includes a $5 Vudu credit.
- Google Nest Hub for $50 — This Black Friday offer is the best price we've seen for this gadget, new or refurbished. You'll also get a bonus $20 Vudu credit.
- Mainstays 8-piece comforter and quilt set for $35 — Not only is this a strong price for a huge bedding set, but it actually is enough to dress two beds.
So how does Black Friday work at Walmart, anyway? Below, we've rounded up everything you need to know to make shopping for Walmart Black Friday deals easier. Read on to see when Walmart's ad drops, the megaretailer's store hours, and what kinds of doorbusters you can expect.
NOTE: The information below was assembled before the Black Friday ads came out. Please refer to the ads above before making any shopping plans.
What to Expect From Walmart Black Friday Sales in 2020
When Does the Walmart Black Friday Ad Come Out?
This year, Walmart is hosting three Black Friday events, rather than just one. The company has already released ads for the first two, and we expect the ad for the third to arrive no later than November 12.
When Does Black Friday Start at Walmart?
Like other retailers, Walmart is spreading its Black Friday deals out across the month of November, rather than keeping them to just a few days.
The megaretailer will kick off Black Friday sales online on November 4 at 7 pm ET. More Walmart Black Friday deals will be available online at 12 am ET on November 7, and in-store the same day at 5 am local time. This is just for the first event, though. The second one kicks off online on November 11 at 7 pm ET, and additional deals will again be available online on November 14, starting at 12 am ET. In-store offers will show up the same day at 5 am local time.
That covers the first two events, but what about Black Friday itself? Walmart has clarified that its third event will begin with online deals on November 25 at 7 pm ET, while new deals will be available online on November 27 at 12 am ET and in-store the same day at 5 am local time.
Will Walmart Be Open on Thanksgiving?
This year, the big box store has decided to close its doors for Thanksgiving. With deals starting online the night before, and more deals coming the day after, consumers should be able to shop online on Turkey Day, as well.
When Is the Best Time to Shop?
You'll get the chance to shop excellent deals at Walmart a few times in November. But if you're looking for the absolute best time — and only want to shop once — then that day should be Thanksgiving. Last year, we listed almost three times as many Walmart deals on Thanksgiving as the day before, and almost twice as many deals on the holiday as on Black Friday. Turkey Day was the clear winner.
Also notable is that for the past three years, we've listed the most Staff Pick deals on Thanksgiving. In 2019, we listed about two times more (at least) Walmart Staff Picks on Thanksgiving as we did on Black Friday or the Wednesday before, which was the day the online sale started.
That being said, with new deals set to hit the site on Black Friday itself and stores being closed for all of Thanksgiving, this could be the first year we see Black Friday win in a while.
What's on Sale at Walmart on Black Friday?
Walmart is a retail giant, and they'll have the broad variety of deals you'd expect for Black Friday. Many offers could be online-only this year, but not all of them will be. Expect must-have sales in the home and garden category, including a 6-quart Instant Pot for only $49. We'll also likely see hot deals on TVs, toys, and video games.
In recent years, Walmart has established itself as a go-to place for gaming and toy deals. For example, last year we saw a 900-piece LEGO Classic box for $20, as well as excellent deals on board games and select video games.
Finally, don't miss this store's electronic deals. We expect aggressive deals on TVs, speakers, streaming media players, and more. In 2019, Walmart had the Roku Ultra streaming media player for $48, and in 2020, the Roku Ultra LT will be at the same price.
What Will Be the Big Walmart Black Friday Doorbusters?
Walmart has a history of offering eye-catching doorbuster deals on TVs. This year, a couple of the best Walmart Black Friday TV deals will be a TCL 55" 4K Roku smart set for $148 and an Onn. 50" 4K TV for only $128.
Also keep an eye out for Walmart iPhone and Android phone deals! This year, Walmart is offering eGift cards worth up to $450 with select iPhone purchases, and eGift cards worth $500 with select Samsung Galaxy phones. The qualifying iPhones are the iPhone XS, XS Max, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, and the iPhone 11. The qualifying Samsung phones, meanwhile, include the Galaxy S20 line and the Galaxy Note20.
How Does Walmart Pickup Save Shoppers Money?
Walmart may not have the free loyalty programs other stores do — though it does have a paid program, Walmart+ — but serious shoppers can still find ways to save. For example, selecting in-store pickup is a great way to dodge shipping costs. The store provides free 2-day shipping and NextDay delivery on orders over $35, but items under that amount incur a shipping charge.
You can avoid that cost most of the time by opting for pickup where it's available. Pickup may even be a way to get your items faster, if they're available locally. Plus, curbside pickup will be an option at most Walmart stores, as well.
What About Walmart Cyber Monday Sales?
When Does the Walmart Cyber Monday Sale Start and End?
Officially, Walmart should begin its sale at 12:01 am ET on Cyber Monday itself, which is November 30 this year. However, some Walmart Black Friday deals could still be available the day before, as could early Cyber Monday offers.
As for how long the sale will last, Walmart will likely have a Cyber Week sale once again this year. These deals should stretch through the end of the week, but also beyond.
What Walmart Cyber Monday Deals Will Be Available?
What won't be on sale at Walmart? Still, some categories will see better (and more) deals than others. During Cyber Week, we'd watch home goods, toys, and TV and electronic deals.
Plenty of TV deals should be available, though they might not be as great as what we see on Black Friday. Last year we saw a Samsung 55" 4K set for $328, and an LG 55" 4K TV for $348.
We should see some excellent electronic deals, as well. In 2019, Walmart offered a Google Home Mini bundled with the Frozen II Little Golden Book for only $19. It also had the Google Home Max speaker bundled with a Google Home Mini for $188, which was less than deals for the Home Max speaker alone. We saw soundbars for only around $50, too.
Cyber Week will also be a good time to shop home and garden items. Last year, a 6-quart Instant Pot cost as little as $49 at Walmart, while a 24-piece cookware set from The Pioneer Woman was only $59.
Shopping for toys? Walmart's Cyber Monday sale should be a good time for buying those, as well, especially if you opt for pickup over delivery. In 2019, Walmart offered Funko Pop! figures for as little as $2 each, while Barbie dolls saw discounts of up to 50% off, and L.O.L. Surprise! toys were up to 40% off. And a 900-piece LEGO set was only $20, ensuring you could find toys for any age to fit your budget.
Readers, will you be shopping Walmart's Black Friday sale? What are you planning to buy? Let us know in the comments below!