Whether you're looking to trick out your entertainment room or jazz up your kitchen, this year's Best Buy Black Friday sale should be a great source of home electronics of all types. Select items will be on sale beginning November 22, while other deals start on November 26 and November 28.
The 13 Best Black Friday 2020 Deals at Best Buy
Best Buy's 2020 Black Friday ad is out now! Check out our top picks to look forward to below.
- Third-generation Echo Dot with free Sengled smart bulb for $19 — This matches the lowest price we predicted for this device.
- Insignia 50" Fire TV for $150 — This matches the best price we saw for a TV this size last Black Friday.
- Hisense 65" Smart TV for $250 — This beats last year's best Black Friday price we saw for a TV in this class size by $30.
- TCL 75" Smart TV for $500 — This matches last year's best Black Friday price for a TV in this class size.
- Hisense 70" Smart TV for $450 — This beats last year's best Black Friday price for this size class by $50.
- Last of Us Part II for $30 — This is a strong 50% off discount for a game that was released in June of this year.
- Marvel's Avengers for $30 — This is another 50% off discount for a game that was just released in September.
- Star Wars: Squadrons for $20 — This title was released in early October, and while it's currently going for around $30 at most stores, you can save more on Black Friday.
- NBA 2K21 for $28 — Just released in September, this Black Friday deal boasts a very strong discount of more than 50% off.
- Google Pixel 5 for $200 off — This matches our predictions but you'll need qualified activation through Verizon to get this deal. You can also save $50 on an unlocked model.
- Roku Premiere for $25 — This is the lowest price we've seen and $4 less than we predicted.
- Google Chromecast for $19 — This beats our predicted price of $25.
- Echo Show 5 for $45 — This beats our predictions by $5 and matches the lowest price we've seen. It's also a return of a Prime Day price.
Are you wondering how a Best Buy Black Friday works? Read on for the info you need to score Best Buy Black Friday deals on TVs, laptops, and more.
NOTE: The information below was assembled before the Black Friday ads came out. Please refer to the ads above before making any shopping plans.
What to Expect From Best Buy Black Friday Sales in 2020
When Does the Best Buy Black Friday Ad Come Out?
Based on previous years, we're expecting Best Buy to release their Black Friday ad sometime around November 5. It could arrive earlier, though, as Best Buy has stated that access to certain Black Friday Ad Deals will begin on October 29.
Will Best Buy Be Open on Thanksgiving?
When Does the Best Buy Black Friday Sale Start?
This year, Best Buy already has select Black Friday deals live online. As for the big sale, the company has stated that the Black Friday event will begin on November 22.
When Is the Best Time to Shop?
The best time to shop at Best Buy depends on what you want to buy and what method you plan to use. Let's say you want to score doorbusters. Are Best Buy doorbusters available online? Yes, but be ready at your computer early Thanksgiving morning. If you're hoping to get an in-store doorbuster, odds are Best Buy won't be offering many of those this year. And if they do, the deals will probably last longer and involve products Best Buy has a decent-sized inventory of.
Best Buy tends to offer new doorbusters each day, so peruse its ad carefully and make sure you know when the deals you want will launch.
Generally speaking, both Thanksgiving and Black Friday will be great days to shop online, and you'll likely find good in-store deals on Black Friday, as well.
What Best Buy Black Friday Deals Will Be Available?
The biggest deal category from Best Buy will, of course, be electronics. Keep an eye out for great deals on TVs, especially, like last year's offer of a Samsung 70" set for $550. You'll likely also see good deals on speakers and streaming media players.
Look for rock-bottom prices on hard drives, too. Last year, a 12TB WD Easystore external hard drive went for only $180, and came with a $25 Shutterfly credit. Also watch for deals like Wemo mini smart plugs for $10 each, current Blu-ray movies for $8, and AAA video game titles for as low as $25.
Can You Get Best Buy Doorbusters in 2020?
Best Buy offers Black Friday doorbusters, and they typically include lots of terrific TV deals, like a Hisense 75" smart TV for $650 or a Hisense 65" smart set for $300. You should also expect big discounts on the latest smartphones, and low prices on laptops and tablets. For instance, last year we saw newly released 32GB iPads for $250 and 128GB iPads for $330. In both cases, you'd save at least $69 with these Black Friday deals.
What You Should Know Before You Shop
If you plan to shop at Best Buy, consider joining the My Best Buy program. It's free to sign up, and you can start building up reward points. Plus, My Best Buy members receive exclusive access to certain sales, including select Black Friday deals. For example, Best Buy is advertising a My Best Buy member sale for November 16.
Members can also shop select deals now under the protection of Best Buy's Black Friday price guarantee. If you buy an eligible item and its price dips lower prior to November 28, the company states that it'll give you a refund for the difference.
Remember that Best Buy's site can experience slowdowns on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday due to high traffic. You might have to refresh pages several times in order to add an item to your cart and then check out. Try to be patient.
Know about your options for getting items you order, too. Best Buy is offering both in-store and curbside pickup, as well as same-day delivery and free next-day delivery for some items. Should you decide to shop in-store for Black Friday, be aware that Best Buy is limiting the number of people allowed inside, and is encouraging customers to check in before getting in line.
What About Best Buy's Cyber Monday Sales?
When Does Cyber Monday Start for Best Buy?
Best Buy's Cyber Monday sale should begin on November 30 this year, and last until at least 11:59 pm CT that night. We expect Best Buy to have select offers hanging around for the duration of the week, though. Plus, you may be able to snag certain Cyber Monday offers earlier than expected. Best Buy Cyber Deals are going to kick off on November 28, according to the company.
What Best Buy Cyber Monday Deals Will Be Available?
Last year, Best Buy offered a variety of discounts across multiple categories for Cyber Monday. Shoppers could save up to $300 on MacBooks, up to $500 on current iPhones, up to $300 on gaming desktops, and up to 50% on air fryers and pressure cookers.
Additionally, we saw great deals like the Apple HomePod for $200, a TCL 75" TV for $600, and a $60 Netflix gift card bundled with a $10 Best Buy gift card for $60.
Readers, what's on your shopping list for Best Buy's Black Friday sale? Let us know in the comments below!