How to Get Black Friday Doorbusters in 2022
Black Friday is right around the corner, and retailers are already rolling out the deals. Some offers are better than others, though! You should only be taking advantage of deals on items you actually need to avoid overspending or regretting your purchases.
Review this guide before you start shopping, so you can learn how to find the best Black Friday 2022 doorbusters and determine if they're a good deal or if you should hold off.
What Are Black Friday Doorbusters?
Doorbusters are deals that are too good to pass up, or at least that's what the name suggests. The sale items are steeply discounted, and retailers are clear to emphasize their limited availability. These factors create a sense of urgency in consumers, with the hope that they'll gobble up all the doorbusters in record time.
Last year, standout deals included new Chromebooks for as little as $99 and discounts of up to $100 off select Fitbit devices. This year, we expect to see just as many great deals on consumer favorites across multiple popular categories.
Are Black Friday Doorbusters Worth Your Time?
Black Friday doorbusters may be more worth looking into now because they're less of a time investment than they used to be. You no longer have to stand in line for hours with tons of other anxious customers in the middle of the night, waiting for the stores to open their doors. Now, you can snag many Black Friday doorbusters online from the comfort of your home or on your smartphone. This makes the shopping experience more seamless and convenient.
When Do Black Friday Doorbusters Start?
Like in prior years, we anticipate Black Friday doorbusters will start a day or so before Thanksgiving. But some big-name retailers, including Best Buy, Target, and Amazon, have already begun releasing special deals, with more slated to come before the shopping holiday.
SEE ALSO: Your Guide to the Best Black Friday Stores in 2022
Can You Score Black Friday Doorbusters Online?
In recent years, most retailers have made many of their in-store deals available online. So it's not necessary to wait in line for hours to snag a Black Friday doorbuster deal.
That's not to say the retailers' sites won't crash when you're trying to purchase a TV at 50% of the original price, but shopping online is almost always worth a try.
Also, whether online or in-store, the deal may not be as good as it seems, so it's vital to shop around before the sale starts. And if you must have the item right away, consider ordering it online and using curbside or in-store pickup to steer clear of the crowds.
How to Get the Best Doorbuster Deals
Refer to our extensive Black Friday strategy guide for help with preparing for the holiday and to learn how to score the best doorbuster deals in 2022. We've also featured some of the top tips here to level up your shopping strategy:
- Plan ahead. Check the prices now for items you're looking to purchase during Black Friday sales. That way, you'll have reassurance that you're truly getting a good deal and not just a slight discount that could surface again before next year's offers come around.
- Leverage social media. Follow your favorite retailers on social media, and don't forget to subscribe to their mailing lists to be the first to know about Black Friday deals. Some retailers even offer special incentives and exclusive promotions to their followers or subscribers.
- Simplify the experience. Will you only be shopping online? Once you have all your deals lined up, bookmark the relevant webpages to streamline the shopping experience when the sales go live.
- Shop early. Long gone are the days of waiting until the morning after Thanksgiving to take advantage of Black Friday deals. Now, you can shop early — many retailers have already started their sales — and avoid both the in-person and cyber crowds.
- Compare advertisements. Visit your favorite retailers' websites and view the Black Friday ads. Also, grab a copy of the newspaper and pull out the sales circulars. Compare the deals, even if they're being offered by a retailer you don't frequently shop with, to find the best prices for all the items on your list.
Expect Attractive Deals in 2022
Black Friday 2022 may come with unique challenges for consumers, considering rising inflation fears, climbing interest rates, and changes in overall spending behaviors. Still, you can expect an abundance of in-store and online Black Friday deals.
SEE ALSO: Black Friday Predictions 2022: Check Out Our Deal Previews!
You'll also notice that the shopping holiday has morphed into an extended event. You're no longer limited to a short window to get the best deals, which shows that missing out on the first sale doesn't automatically mean you won't be able to find the products you want at a discount elsewhere. Just plan ahead to ensure you get everything on your list, and have alternates in mind in case your shopping plans don't quite pan out the way you want them to.
Want even more info about the latest and greatest deals? Give us a follow on Twitter!
Sign In or Register