Amazon Black Friday Deals 2023: Here Are the Top Discounts
Have you been wondering, "How does Black Friday work on Amazon?" Amazon Black Friday sales can be iconic, with Lightning Deals popping up every five minutes and prices that can rank among the best of the year. But the retailer doesn't handle Black Friday the same way that other stores do.
Check out our guide to the items that are on sale for the retailer's 2023 Black Friday event, as well as how to snag the ones that are worth your effort. Then read up on the other best stores for Black Friday deals online!
The Top Amazon Black Friday Deals in 2023 to Shop Now
Amazon Echo Buds (2023) for $34.99: If you're looking for an alternative to the typical wireless earbuds, these are a super affordable option made even better by this Black Friday deal. They're back at an all-time low that we usually only see during Prime-exclusive events.
Amazon Echo Show 5 (3rd Gen) for $39.99 at Amazon: This is the latest model of the smart display, and it's once again back at the lowest price we've seen.
Select All-Clad Cookware for 30% off: If you're looking to upgrade your cookware selection, this sale is worth checking out. Bundles start at $104.99, so it's an investment, but solid cookware will last years if you take care of it.
Select Crocs from $18.92: This Black Friday deal is the perfect chance to stock up on select styles for the whole family. It's a small group of products that are eligible, but if you're a fan of the brand (or know someone who is), be sure to check out the sale.
Select OtterBox Cases and Accessories for up to 50% off or more: Many people swear by OtterBox for protecting their (increasingly expensive) smartphones. If you need a case or accessory and don't want to break the bank, check out the selection in this Amazon Black Friday deal to save up to 50% off or more.
Select Construction Toys for up to 50% off: This offer includes brands like LEGO, K'Nex, Magna-Tiles, Tegu, and others. The best thing about this sale is that in addition to great savings, the eligible toys cover a wide range of ages, too.
Select Burt's Bees Items for up to 30% off or more: Whether you're looking for stocking stuffers or winter skincare for yourself, you can choose from a select group of products on sale. Pick up 4-packs of lip balms for less than $10, facial cleansing wipes for around $13, and gift sets for around $8, plus more.
Select Hydro Flask Products for up to 25% off or more: A variety of water bottles and tumblers are included in this sale, as well as some mugs and at least one insulated travel bag.
NOTE: The information below was compiled before Black Friday sales went into full swing. Please refer to the info above before making any shopping plans.
Jump Ahead for Amazon Black Friday Info
- When Will the Amazon Black Friday Ad Be Released?
- When Does Amazon Black Friday Start?
- Will Amazon Be Open on Thanksgiving?
- When Is the Best Time to Shop Black Friday Deals on Amazon?
- Does Everything Go On Sale at Amazon for Black Friday?
- What Amazon Black Friday Deals Should You Expect to See in 2023?
- Does Amazon Have Black Friday Doorbusters?
- Do Amazon Prime Members Get Additional Black Friday Discounts?
- Will Amazon Have Invite-Only Deals for Black Friday?
- Does Amazon Offer Price Matching During Black Friday?
- How to Stay On Top of the Best Amazon Black Friday Deals
- When Does Cyber Monday Start for Amazon?
- What Will Be the Best Amazon Cyber Monday Deals?
- The Best Amazon Black Friday Deals in 2022
What to Expect From Amazon Black Friday Deals in 2023
When Will the Amazon Black Friday Ad Be Released?
Amazon doesn't release the same type of Black Friday ad that other retailers do. You won't find a 60-page circular in your local Sunday paper or on the website itself. That said, they'll likely provide information about what to watch for during the event. We expect the Amazon Black Friday press release to drop around November 13-15 this year.
When Does Amazon Black Friday Start?
Amazon has never been one to relegate Black Friday to a single day, and in the past often had an entire week dedicated to Black Friday deals. But during 2020 and 2021, we saw the season of Black Friday stretch out even more. In 2020, Amazon started listing Black Friday-type deals long before the holiday itself, and 2021 was no different.
In 2022, Amazon hosted the year's second Prime-exclusive event on October 11-12. Immediately afterward, it launched its "epic holiday deals" for consumers to shop. This year, Amazon hosted its Prime Big Deal Days sale on October 10-11, but we didn't see any holiday or Black Friday deals right after that sale.
Will Amazon Be Open on Thanksgiving?
Of course Amazon will be open on Thanksgiving — it's open all the time! Amazon has opened physical stores over the last several years, but it's still primarily an online retailer. And the fact that it's been closing some stores and focusing on other areas only reinforces that online presence even more.
When Is the Best Time to Shop Black Friday Deals on Amazon?
There's no easy answer on the best time to shop. If you're looking for the best deals on Amazon, it's worth paying attention throughout Black Friday week and into Cyber Monday — especially if you have items left on your list after Thanksgiving Day is over.
When comparing deals on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, we've found that Turkey Day has often boasted more deals overall than the other two days. But the day with the best deals can change from year to year. Some years we'll see more Staff Picks — offers that we consider "the best of the best" — on Thanksgiving, only for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to reign supreme the following year.
For example, in 2020, we listed more Staff Pick deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday than we did on Thanksgiving. But in 2021, Thanksgiving won out in both the number of Staff Picks and the number of deals we listed overall. And last year, Cyber Monday took the crown with the most Staff Picks and total deals of the three days.
Does Everything Go On Sale at Amazon for Black Friday?
Amazon has deals on a huge variety of categories, but certain ones are bigger and more popular than others. For example, last year early Amazon Black Friday deals included the following:
- 2nd-Generation Apple AirPods for $90
- iRobot Roomba 694 Robot Vacuum for $250
- Bissell 2998 MultiClean Allergen Lift-Off Pet Vacuum for $150
- Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Oven for $200
- National Tree Company Pre-Lit Artificial Christmas Tree Smart Home Bundle for $190
- Sperry Women's Saltwater Alpine Snow Boots for $50
- Kate Spade Carson Convertible Crossbody Handbag for $97
What Amazon Black Friday Deals Should You Expect to See in 2023?
Expect to see many Black Friday deals from Amazon in 2023 that feature home and garden items, Amazon devices, and product bundles. While the retailer will feature other categories during their Black Friday event, these ones may stand out for the savings they offer.Prime Day and Black Friday. There's no reason to expect this year will be any different. Last Black Friday, for instance, Amazon took up to 66% off living room furniture, up to 44% off instant kitchen appliances, and 30% off Yeti tumblers and can insulators.
We'll likely see a high number of deals on Amazon products, such as Kindles, Echo devices, and Fire products. But just because these items come from an in-house or Amazon-owned brand doesn't mean they'll all be worth adding to your cart. Around Black Friday last year, noteworthy deals included up to 62% off Ring video doorbells, up to 50% off Fire TV 4K streaming devices, and up to 50% off Fire HD 8 tablets.
One type of deal you should watch for is bundles, as Amazon tends to feature these kinds of offers around Black Friday, especially. For instance, last year Amazon offered the following:
- A Ring wired video doorbell with a 3rd-gen. Echo Dot for $40
- A 4th-gen. Echo and Philips Hue color smart bulb for $50
- A Blink Outdoor 3-camera kit and an Echo Show 5 for $135
- A Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus with a 2nd-gen. Echo Show 5 for $150
Does Amazon Have Black Friday Doorbusters?
While Amazon doesn't do the same kind of doorbusters that other retailers do, its Lightning Deals are probably the closest you'll get to that kind of limited-time, in-demand offer. Just remember that in the past, Lightning Deals have rolled out as quickly as every five minutes and can sell out very fast, depending on the type of offer.
Do Amazon Prime Members Get Additional Black Friday Discounts?
While Amazon has gone all-in on Prime member-exclusive events — to the point of offering two per year the last couple of years — you do not have to have a Prime membership to shop Amazon Black Friday sales. That said, Prime members may get additional benefits. So it may still be worth having the membership for the month of November. For example, Prime members could receive early access to select Lightning Deals. That could be the difference between grabbing one and missing out altogether.
Of course, one of Amazon's biggest perks is 2-day shipping and the other Prime delivery options. And this year we aren't expecting the same delays that we did in 2021. Because of that, you may be able to put shipping perks to good use during your Amazon Black Friday shopping this year.
Will Amazon Have Invite-Only Deals for Black Friday?
We could see Invite-only deals return for Black Friday to entice shoppers to sign up for Prime once again. For Prime Day and Prime Big Deal Days this year, these offers were for Prime members only. There's a chance that Amazon could open up these promotions to all shoppers. But based on their limited availability and Prime perk status since inception, it's unlikely in our opinion.
We first saw Invite-only offers pop up for July's Prime Day event in 2023, and they returned for Amazon's October Prime Big Deal Days event. We've covered how to get Invite-only deals during these events, but essentially it involves signing up ahead of time for the mere chance to purchase an item at a deal price. If Amazon selects you for the offer, you could get a link via email that lets you purchase the item at the discounted price.
Does Amazon Offer Price Matching During Black Friday?
Amazon doesn't offer price matching for Black Friday. In fact, the retailer doesn't offer price matching at all. They state on their site that "we constantly compare Amazon's prices to our competitors' prices to make sure that our prices are as low or lower than all relevant competitors."
How to Stay On Top of the Best Amazon Black Friday Deals
One way to stay on top of the best Amazon Black Friday deals is to bookmark Amazon's Black Friday page and refer to it throughout the shopping season. Expect the page to feature a variety of deals available on any given day.
Also remember that a lot of Amazon's offers around Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday are limited-time Lightning Deals. They're short-lived and could sell out in the blink of an eye, so it's important to be aware of what's coming up. That way, you can grab these deals before they're gone.
One of the best steps to take is to download the Amazon app and then browse upcoming offers before they start. If you see any Lightning Deals you're interested in, mark them as "watching" by clicking the button that lets you watch the deal. Then, when the deals go live, you should receive a notification alerting you to that fact, so you can add them to cart before they sell out.
Additionally, if there are deals you're even kind of interested in, add them to your cart ASAP. You'll then have 15 minutes to complete your order. If you don't, the offer will expire and go back to the pool for other shoppers to grab.
Other shoppers will be using this same strategy, so if you see a waitlist available for an item, be sure to join it. If someone ditches the item in their cart, you'll have another chance to grab it.
When Does Cyber Monday Start for Amazon?
Amazon wastes no time when it comes to big sales, and we don't expect the approach to its Cyber Monday event to be any different. The odds are good that it'll roll out deals as soon as the clock rolls over from Black Friday to Saturday. Don't count on much of a break between the shopping events!
What Will Be the Best Amazon Cyber Monday Deals?
Given that Amazon is primarily an online business, you can expect them to go all out for Cyber Monday and the days following. Expect another stint with thousands of deals to shop across a huge variety of categories.
Last year, notable Amazon offers we saw around Cyber Monday included the following:
- An extra $5 off $20 kids' book purchases
- The latest-gen Kindle for $85
- The latest-gen Echo Dot with a Philips Hue White A19 Medium Lumen Smart Bulb for $24.99
- 2nd-gen. Echo Buds for $89.99
If you're an avid reader, know that we expect the book coupon to come back again this year. Amazon has had the promotion for the past few years, so keep an eye out for it to return. Sometimes it also includes more than just kids' books, so watch for a chance to stock up on other genres of print books, as well.
The Best Amazon Black Friday Deals in 2022
While we aren't positive what kinds of deals Amazon will offer up for Black Friday 2023, the top offers from last year can help us make educated guesses. Check out these deals we saw last year below.
- Select Alexa devices for up to 70% off: This actually beat our prediction of up to 50% off Amazon electronics. Currently, we're seeing select Amazon devices at up to 78% off.
- Select Ring devices and bundles for up to 60% off: This offer appeared to beat Ring deals from Black Friday 2021, and it matched our prediction that Amazon would create bundles of its own products. Currently, select Ring devices are up to 46% off.
- Amazon Fire TV devices for up to 50% off: This offer included the Fire TV 75" Omni Series, Fire TV 50" 4-Series, and the Fire TV Stick 4K and 4K Max, and matched our general prediction of seeing Amazon devices for up to 50% off. Currently, a few deals are worth checking out, but Black Friday sales should bring even more.
- Select lingerie and underwear from Savage X Fenty with Rihanna for up to 50% off: This deal matched the best discount we'd seen for this brand. We didn't see abundant discounts at the time of publication, but you can still shop the collection (or just pick out your favorites ahead of Black Friday!)
- NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle for up to 40% off: This offer matched the lowest price we'd seen on this product, which was 40% off during the October Prime Early Access Sale the previous month.
- $10 off a Grubhub order over $25 via the code "GiveMe10", for Prime members signed up for a 1-year Grubhub+ trial: That meant Prime members could save up to 40% on an order from the food delivery service. This offer beat a similar one from the October Prime event, which only offered 20% off an order. At the time of publication, Prime members could actually get a year of Grubhub+ for free, though we didn't see any specials for order discounts.