Target Black Friday: Best 2023 Deals & Sales
When considering stores for your Black Friday shopping, make sure Target is on your list. Read on to learn what to expect from Target Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 deals. We cover the Target doorbusters to look for, the top deals we'll likely see, the best time to shop, and more helpful info.
Jump Ahead for Target Black Friday Info
- When Will Target Release Its Black Friday 2023 Ad?
- When Does Target's Black Friday Sale Start?
- Will Target Be Open on Thanksgiving Day?
- When Is the Best Time to Shop Black Friday Deals at Target?
- Does Everything Go On Sale at Target for Black Friday?
- What Were the 2022 Black Friday Highlights for Target?
- What Target Black Friday Deals Should You Expect to See in 2023?
- Does Target Have Black Friday Doorbusters?
- Does Target Offer Price Matching During Black Friday?
- How to Stay On Top of the Best Target Black Friday Deals
- When Does Cyber Monday Start at Target?
- What Will Be the Best Target Cyber Monday Deals?
What to Expect From Target Black Friday Deals in 2023
When Will Target Release Its Black Friday 2023 Ad?
We should see Target's Black Friday 2023 ad no later than November 17. We generally don't see Target's Black Friday ad until November, and the time frame can vary from year to year.
In the past, we've seen the ad come out as early as November 1, but in 2020, Target released the ad on November 16. In 2021, the store dropped its ad on November 15, and last year it arrived on November 18. Because of this trend, we expect Target's Black Friday 2023 ad to come out on or around November 17.
When Does Target's Black Friday Sale Start?
We saw Target Black Friday deals as early as October 29 in 2023. The retailer has also stated it'll launch new sets of early Black Friday offers during each of the four weeks that lead up to and through Thanksgiving weekend.
Will Target Be Open on Thanksgiving Day?
In 2021, Target announced its stores would no longer be open on Thanksgiving Day moving forward. But Target.com is always available to shop, and you can count on the retailer having plenty of deals online on Thanksgiving.
That said, you don't have to wait until then to shop excellent offers. Target is already rolling out early Black Friday deals on select products, like electronics and small kitchen appliances. Check their site regularly between now and Thanksgiving weekend to see what kinds of promotions you can take advantage of. And if you're interested in other opening and closings around Black Friday, take a look at our piece covering Black Friday store hours in 2023.
When Is the Best Time to Shop Black Friday Deals at Target?
Shopping Target's Black Friday deals somewhat early is a good strategy. That's thanks to Target's Holiday Price Match Guarantee already being in place.
What does this policy involve? Basically, if you buy an item in-store or online at Target, and the price for that item goes lower at the retailer on or before December 24 this year, you can show proof of your purchase and get a price adjustment. The policy started on October 22, so keep a watch on products you've already bought that could qualify for these adjustments, as well.
The restocking issues and supply chain disruptions that concerned shoppers in 2021 aren't a big worry this year, but inflation is still a problem. Last year, we saw most consumer categories impacted and a fair amount of customers stretching out their shopping to accommodate tighter budgets. That trend has carried over to this year as well, with 41% of consumers planning to start shopping in October or earlier in 2023, according to the National Retail Federation.
If you want one day to shop, though, Thanksgiving should be a pretty safe bet. Historically, we've seen more deals on Thanksgiving compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Turkey Day sometimes features more Staff Pick offers than the other two days, too. Just know that this year will likely be more in line with the last couple of Black Fridays, with deals being spread out. Target is already serving up Black Friday deals, and will continue to do so throughout November.
Does Everything Go On Sale at Target for Black Friday?
Target will offer sales on a ton of items for Black Friday, but not every single product will see a discount. You can expect the same at other retailers. That said, if you're looking for top categories to shop, the following should be on your watchlist:
- Electronics, especially TVs, smartphones, and Apple products
- Home items, particularly household products like vacuums and small kitchen appliances such as KitchenAid stand mixers, Ninja air fryers, Keurig coffee makers, and Instant Pot pressure cookers
- Toys of all kinds, with a focus on LEGO sets, big brands like Barbie, and video games
What Were the 2022 Black Friday Highlights for Target?
Target released its Black Friday ad around November 18 last year, and we picked out the top offers we were most excited about. They ranged from toys, to gaming products, to all kinds of electronics. We haven't seen this year's ad yet, but the below Target Black Friday deals from 2022 should provide clues about what we'll see.
- PlayStation DualSense controllers for $49.99: This deal matched the best price we'd ever seen for these gaming items.
- Acer 11.6" Convertible Touchscreen Chromebook for $99.99: We predicted Chromebooks would be as little as $99 last year, and this deal just about matched that.
- Buy $100 worth of Apple gift cards, get a $15 Target gift card: This offer matched Target's Apple gift card promotion from 2021, and there's a good chance it will return again in 2023.
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones for $149.99: This Black Friday price matched the best offer we'd seen.
- 2nd-Gen. Apple AirPods Pro for $199.99: This was within $1 of our prediction last year and offered the best price we'd seen for these then newly released earbuds. Want to upgrade your AirPods now? Good news! They were available at this price at the time of publication, so you don't have to wait!
- Xbox Series S for $249.99 plus a $50 Target gift card: This Black Friday deal was notable, as it beat the best price we'd ever seen on this console when you factored in the gift card.
- Google Pixel 6a 5G phone for $299: It was unlocked and matched the best price we'd ever seen. The phone isn't in stock at Target anymore, but we expect strong savings on the Pixel 7a models for Black Friday 2023.
- Nintendo Switch MarioKart 8 Deluxe Special Edition bundle for $299.99: This bundle was right in line with our predictions last year and even included three months of Switch Online, which made it even better.
- 6th-Gen. Apple iPad mini for $399.99: This deal was within $1 of the best price we'd seen for this device.
- "Buy two, get one free" movies, music, and books: This promotion was right in line with our predictions and served as an excellent way for shoppers to stock up on their favorite media. We should see this deal or a similar one return this year. In fact, at the time of publication Target was offering a "buy two, get one free" deal on books, video games, board games, puzzles, and activities.
- Select LEGO sets for up to 40% off: Target's LEGO offer last year matched their savings from Black Friday 2021 and was right in line with what we expected. Learn more about Black Friday LEGO deals here.
- Select toys for up to 50% off: This offer matched our predictions exactly and included brands like L.O.L. Surprise, Pokémon, Bluey, Hot Wheels, and Barbie.
What Target Black Friday Deals Should You Expect to See in 2023?
Black Friday Gift Card Deals Could Bundle Apple and Target Gift Cards
Keep an eye on Target's gift card deals around Black Friday. In the past, we've seen Target offer up Apple gift cards as part of a Black Friday promotion. Shoppers could buy one and get a second one for 30% off.
But in 2020, the retailer changed things up and provided a $20 Target gift card with the purchase of $100 in Apple gift cards. And in 2021, shoppers only received a $15 Target gift card with $100 in Apple gift cards, an offer that returned in 2022. We expect a similar Black Friday gift card deal this year. And even though it might not be as great as previous ones, it should still be worth checking out if you're planning on buying gift cards anyway.
Target Black Friday Toy Deals May Include 40% Off LEGO Sets
Hoping to score toy deals at Target? We've already seen the retailer offer a "buy one, get 50% off a second" promotion for toys from specific brands, including Play-Doh, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and FAO Schwarz. And there's a good chance those deals will only get better the closer we get to Black Friday. We've also seen 20% off select LEGO sets at Target already, but we're expecting those discounts to climb to 40% off later in November.
Target Could Discount Multiple Movie, Music, and Book Purchases
Target will also likely have Black Friday offers on movies, music, and books. You could find "buy two, get a third free" or "buy one, get a second for 50% off" deals, depending on when you shop during the event.
Black Friday Video Game Deals at Target May Reach Up to 60% Off
Video games will be another big shopping category during the holiday season. Watch for the bull's-eye to have "buy two, get a third free" promotions and take up to 60% off select titles. Last year we saw prices start as low as $9.99 for games. And this year we've already seen "buy two, get one free" promotions on games, and select games for Nintendo Switch and Xbox consoles being discounted by 50%.
Target Black Friday Clothing Deals Could Include 30% Off Sweaters
Expect plenty of deals on clothing and other practical items to be available. Last year, Target knocked 30% off select sweaters, and had T-shirts and tank tops starting at $5 each around Black Friday.
Black Friday Hair Appliance Discounts Will Likely Reach 40% Off
During November 2022, Target offered discounts on various brands of hair appliances. For example, shoppers got 40% off select Revlon One Step, 30% off select InfinitiPro by Conair, and 30% off Kristin Ess and CHI hair tools.
Does Target Have Black Friday Doorbusters?
TVs will likely make up a large portion of Target's Black Friday doorbusters. Some of the best offers we saw last year included a Samsung 70" 4K smart set and a Vizio 70" smart TV for $549.99 each.
Don't need a new TV? Those deals aren't the only kind of doorbuster we're expecting. Last year we also saw a 2-slice toaster for $11.99 and a 17-piece set of nonstick cookware for $59.99.
How will you be able to get these deals, exactly? Doorbusters used to be strictly an in-store thing. But over the last few years, retailers have learned they can get the same kind of traffic with online deals as they can with in-store offers, and that they can close on Thanksgiving and still have plenty of shoppers spending their hard-earned cash. So there's no reason to think they'll go back to in-store-only doorbusters now. Expect Target's doorbusters — at least a good bit of them — to once again be available both online and in-store this year.
Does Target Offer Price Matching During Black Friday?
Target sort of offers price matching during Black Friday. The retailer has a Holiday Price Match Guarantee that states purchases made at Target from October 22 through December 24 can be eligible for a price adjustment. The catch is that the price has to drop at Target to receive the adjustment, and you'll need proof of purchase to get it, as well.
How to Stay On Top of the Best Target Black Friday Deals
Get a RedCard. If you aren't a RedCard holder, know that it's worth investigating, especially if you're a regular Target shopper. Plenty of RedCard benefits are available that make the card worth having, especially before you do your Black Friday shopping. Think 5% off both online and in-store purchases, free 2-day shipping, and a longer return period, among other perks. Even better, you have more options now than only a debit or credit card, so you can find the card that's right for you.
Join Target Circle. Besides being free, the loyalty program lets you access offers that are relevant to your interests and save even more on your shopping trips. You can also take advantage of bonuses that will reward you for spending a certain amount on eligible items. What's more, the Deal of the Day program is rewarding Target Circle members with extra discounts through December 24.
Download the Target app. Choose a Target store to shop, and the app will make it easier to locate products in person, as it tells you what aisle to find them in. Plus, you can use the app for easy payment at the register, since you can set up payment ahead of time and scan your bar code during the checkout process. The app enables you to use services like pickup, too, whether you want to pop into a Target store or try the Drive Up curbside pickup option.
When Does Cyber Monday Start at Target?
Cyber Monday will likely start at Target on Sunday, November 26. Cyber Monday sales at Target have begun in the past before the shopping holiday itself. So with it falling on November 27 this year, we'll likely see deals kick off on November 26.
The odds are good that offers will continue to pop up throughout Cyber Week. So you should have plenty of time to shop and find what you need.
What Will Be the Best Target Cyber Monday Deals?
We should some Black Friday deals return for Cyber Monday, though there's no guarantee. For instance, last year we saw the Samsung 70" set for $549.99 pop up again for Cyber Monday, along with the Xbox Series S for $249.99 that came bundled with a free $50 Target gift card.
But there should also be strong offers that are exclusive to Cyber Monday. Last year we saw Target Cyber Monday deals like the following:
- "Buy two, get one free" for select board games
- 30% off select toys
- Extra 15% off select small kitchen appliances
However, some deals may be worse on Cyber Monday than Black Friday. So be cautious and jump on the lowest prices when you see them.
A good example is the 5-quart KitchenAid Professional stand mixer that dropped to $249.99 around Black Friday, but for Cyber Monday we saw the KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 4.5-quart stand mixer for $299.99. Besides being different models with different capacities, the Black Friday deal was $200 off, while the Cyber Monday deal was $100 off. Though the latter wasn't a bad deal, shoppers who weren't in the market for that particular model may have been disappointed.
Want to shop now? Check out all the best Target deals currently available!