Prime Day 2022 Deals Preview: What Offers Can You Expect This Year?
Amazon Prime Day is set to take place in July again this year, moving back to the time frame we knew and loved before the pandemic upended everything in 2020. More specifically, Prime Day is scheduled to begin at 3 am ET on July 12 and run for 48 hours, through July 14 at 2:59 am ET.
Want to read up on Prime Day discounts as you prep for the big event? Check out our preview below of the Prime Day deals you can expect in 2022.
The Top Prime Day 2022 Deals
- Insignia 32" Smart Fire TV for $49.99 — This is a really strong price on a smaller smart TV.
- Amazon Fire TV 50" 4K UHD Smart TV for $99.99 — We don't typically see prices this low until Black Friday, so if you need a new TV sooner, this is a great deal.
- Fire TV Stick Lite for $11.99 — This is the lowest price we've seen on this device.
- Kindle Oasis for $174.99 — This matches the lowest price we've seen, which was during Black Friday 2021.
- Echo Show 15 for $179.99 — This will be the lowest price we've seen on this smart display; it fell to around $200 in May.
- Select Beauty Brands for up to 50% Off — Shops brands like boscia, Oribe, and Sunday Riley to save on select products.
- 23andMe Kits for 50% Off — Get half off the health and ancestry personal genetic service kits during Prime Day.
- Select Headphones for up to 50% Off — Brands like Beats, Sony, and JBL will have select models discounted by up to 50% off.
- Select Keurig Products for up to 50% Off — Take up to half off select items from Keurig during Prime Day sales.
- Select Roombas for up to 40% Off — Look for discounts of up to 40% off select iRobot Roombas during Prime Day sales.
NOTE: The information below was assembled before Amazon's Prime Day preview came out. Please refer to the offers above before making any shopping plans.
Prime Day Deals Preview: 5 Predictions for 2022
1. Home and Garden Products Will Dominate
Every year, deals on home and garden products make up a large chunk of Prime Day offerings, and we're predicting that this year won't be any different. In 2020, about 37% of the deals we saw came from home and garden categories, while last year they accounted for roughly 39% of the offers during the big event. That's more than any other product category by a long shot.
Look for smart bulbs to be priced around $11, Blink security kits to cost $60, plus check for special prices on home furniture, vacuums, and kitchen items.
2. Amazon Devices Will Be Up to 55% Off
Given that Prime Day is an Amazon-centric shopping holiday, it's no surprise that some of the best deals we see are on Amazon items themselves. One of the biggest opportunities for savings is on Amazon devices, and this year the retailer is advertising up to 55% off the category as a whole. That percentage applies to early Prime Day deals, so the discount could go even higher on Prime Day itself!
Some of the items highlighted for discounts include the following:
- Select Echo Show devices
- Kindle Paperwhite
- Fire 7 Tablet (2019 release)
- Echo Dot (4th gen) with a free smart bulb
- Ring Alarm 8-piece security kit
- Blink Video Doorbell
3. TVs Will Start at $90
We're used to seeing excellent TV deals during Black Friday sales; that said, Prime Day can be hit or miss. This year, though, it seems like Amazon is going to be offering plenty of notable TV savings to celebrate their holiday.
SEE ALSO: When Is Prime Day 2022? Here's Everything You Need to Know
Amazon is promoting early deals on Fire TVs that start at just $89.99, coming from brands like Toshiba, Insignia, Pioneer, and Amazon itself. TV sizes range from 24" to 75", with discounts up to 50% off. Whether you're sending kids off to college or just looking for an affordable set for yourself, these deals are worth checking out.
4. Gamers Will Get Freebies
Part of the Prime Day celebration will include special offers from Prime Gaming, including more than 30 free games for Prime members to claim. There are also more than 25 games that members can freeload through July 13. Highlighted titles to claim include the following:
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- Need for Speed: Heat
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
5. Fewer In-Store Deals Will Be Available
Given that Amazon recently cut the free delivery from Whole Foods perk, one of our Prime Day predictions is that the 2022 shopping event won't have a ton of in-store deals. However, we're not saying you won't have any offers to shop in-person.
In fact, starting on June 29, Prime members can take advantage of early deals at Amazon Fresh stores. Select everyday essentials will be 20% off, but even better is the fact that this offer is slated to be year-round. Prime members will just have to scan the Amazon app during checkout or use the same card linked to their Prime account in order to save all year long.
Can't wait for Prime Day? Check out all the best Amazon deals available right now!
Sign In or Register