It's $12 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 2 in 1 Combination: do more in less space with this countertop oven. Bake, broil, and toast by easily switching cooking modes with the slide of a lever
- Toast 40 percent faster: the 2 in 1 toaster oven toasts breads 40 percentage faster than the leading toaster oven, which means you can get your sliced bread Warm and crispy, quick
- Spacious interior: with 2 rack positions and a Large interior that Fits a 9inch pizza, this toaster oven is perfect for making muffins, baked potatoes, casseroles, and more
- Separate shade selector: 2 in 1 toaster oven gives you more control so you can reach the perfect level of golden brown toast
- 60 Minute timer with auto shutoff: set toaster oven timer up to 60 minutes with peace of mind. The auto shutoff turns the oven off when baking time is reached. Theres no need to worry about overcooking or leaving the oven on
- Model: 31156
- UPC: 040094311569
It's $35 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 1800 Watts to toast, bagel, bake and broil with a full size interior holds 11 inch pizza and 6 slices of toast, unit measures: 17" x 11.74" x 8.35"
- Stainless steel front with rubberized easy grip dials, cool touch handle, and a front removable tray; easy clean nonstick interior
- Always even shade control monitors the temperature and adjusts timing to consistently toast to the shade selected every time
- Convenient auto side-out rack for hands free loading and easy removal of cooked foods and automatic shutoff safety feature.Width: 16.3 in Depth: 14.6 in Height: 8.9 in.
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging.
- Model: TOB-40N
- UPC: 716080031703, 043396329010, 086279035585, 086279098955
It's $219 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- Spacious 0.95 cubic-foot capacity oven Fits 13" pizza and 9" x 13" baking pan
- 15 cooking functions, including innovative dual cook, and speed convection.
- Digital controls with large blue backlit display and LED buttons. BPA free; Convenient auto-slideout rack
- Always even toast shade control offers consistent results slice after slice. Interior light
- Unit Actual Dimensions: 20.87" L x 16.93" W x 11.42" H
- Model: TOB-260N1
- UPC: 086279115607
It's $19 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 6 slice convection toaster oven for faster, more even cooking. This Oster Large Digital Countertop Oven can fit up a pan with the measure of 2 inches height, 10.5 inches width and 12.5 inches length
- Convection technology and a wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F let you cook with the convenience of an oven
- Digital controls with 7 cooking settings and an interior light for easy viewing
- Large interior can accommodate one 12 inch pizza, casseroles, cookies, and even a roast; Oven measures 19.72 w x 16.29 d x 11.33 h inches, with 31.5 inch cord
- Includes Durable baking pan and removable crumb tray for easy cleanup. Watts: 1300w
- Model: TSSTTVMNDG-SHP-2
- UPC: 034264483507
It's $30 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 1800 watts of high-performance power
- Functions include toast, bagel, bake, broil, pizza and keep Warm
- 0. 5 cubic foot capacity fits an 11" Pizza or 6 slices of toast
- Stainless steel front with cool-touch handle
- Always even technology for consistently even toasting
- Auto slide-out rack to easily remove cooked food and easy clean interior
- Front Removable crumb tray with cool-touch grip for easy clean up
- MC Cubic Feet: 4.727
- Model: TOB-1010
- UPC: 086279145499
It's $24 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- Designed for easy access
- Large, curved glass door improves access to food
- Convection cooks food more evenly
- Toast, bake & broil settings
- Fits a large 12 inch pizza
- Model: 31333
- UPC: 740016024118, 040094313334, 132017833798
It's $12 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 1,000 watts
- Quartz heating elements
- Variable temperature range from 105 degreef-450 Degree
- Drop-down crumb tray
- Model: BC-1664CB
- UPC: 623287116648
It's $71 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- Spacious 0.6 cubic-foot capacity fits 6 slices of bread or a 12" pizza
- 9 functions with digital controls with large blue backlit display
- Convection fan cooks food faster and more evenly
- Easy-clean nonstick interior with white door and brushed stainless steel exterior.Clock and 2-hour timer and a Automatic shutoff
- Dimension-18.50"L x 15.35"W x 9.84"H
- Model: TOB-135W
- UPC: 086279090072
Toaster Ovens: The Basics
Meet the big brother of the conventional 2-slice or 4-slice pop-up toaster: the toaster oven. Not restricted to purely browning bread for your breakfast, the toaster oven boasts a variety of extra features that cause it to be an upgrade. So if you’re looking to up your cooking game, check out the deals our resident experts here at DealNews have sussed out, plus a variety of buying advice and resources to help you decide what appliance is the best fit for you.
Toaster or Toaster Oven?
There are a few factors to consider when deciding whether to purchase a toaster or toaster oven for your kitchen.
- Amount of Free Space. Toasters tend to be rather small and compact, but Consumer Reports notes that the smallest toaster oven they found during their testing was 11” wide by 16” deep, while the largest was a whopping 23” wide by 17” deep.
- Your Budget. The most budget-friendly toasters will run you around $10, if you don’t want any bells and whistles. Toaster ovens, on the other hand, are essentially small countertop ovens, so they inherently come with more cooking modes and therefore a higher price tag. Prices can range from around $30 to over $500 , depending on the brand and built-in features.
- Cooking Time. If toast is all you’re after, a basic toaster will not only save you some cash, but also get you your breakfast quicker. Consumer Reports also notes that toaster ovens tend to take twice as long to brown bread.
Benefits of Toaster Ovens
Still need some convincing that the upgrade to a toaster oven is right for you? There are a variety of reasons why some users claim toaster ovens are worth the added cost.
- Extra cooking space. Prepping for a holiday or a large family meal? It never hurts to have an extra oven on hand, whether it’s used to keep dishes warm or cook some sides.
- More efficient cooking. If you’re simply warming up some leftovers or cooking the kids some chicken nuggets for a quick lunch, it’ll cost you significantly less to heat up a countertop toaster oven than your full-size oven. In fact, the Energy Star Market & Industry Scoping Report on toaster ovens touts that you’ll use approximately “ 1/3-1/2 less energy than a conventional electric oven for cooking small meals. ”
- Less heat in the kitchen. The old adage of “If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen” needs an update. No one wants to spend their day sweating while cooking, but fortunately Compact Appliance notes that toaster ovens generate far less heat than standard ovens, making them ideal for warmer climates or homes without air conditioning.
- Easier to clean. Toaster ovens feature removable crumb trays that can spell quick and easy clean up versus standard ovens, which often require high heat or harsh chemicals to clean.
- More cooking options. Toaster ovens typically feature bake, broil, and toast options, even on budget models, compared to just toast — and sometimes defrost — options on 2-slice or 4-slice toasters.
Types of Toaster Ovens
So you’ve settled on a toaster oven — now you need to decide what kind to buy. The first decision to make is where you want to place your new appliance. Toaster ovens come in both countertop and under-cabinet mounted models, though the countertop versions tend to be more common.
From there, you can choose between various cooking methods for your toaster oven. There are basic countertop ovens, as well as convection toaster ovens, and infrared toaster ovens. Convection models feature an added high-speed fan over the heating element that both speeds up cook times and leads to more even cooking temperatures. And infrared versions utilize light energy to evenly and quickly heat up food, with little preheating time needed.
How to Shop for Toaster Ovens
With so many brands and types of toaster ovens out there, it can be hard to decide which one is the right fit for your needs. Thankfully, many experts have put in the time and effort to test them out and offer suggestions based on price and functionality. Here are a few buying guides to get you started:
Popular Stores for Toaster Ovens
If you’re looking to shop in-person and test all the knobs and buttons before you buy, check stores like Walmart , Target , Best Buy , and Bed Bath & Beyond . Otherwise, an online retailer such as Amazon is perhaps your quickest bet both for comparing multiple brands/models and for receiving your appliance after purchasing.
Check Out These Cooking Posts from our Blog Team
Brittany has been working at DealNews since 2013; she started out on the coupons team, and now navigates the waters of deal writing. As a member of the Content team, she spends most of her time sussing out whether stores are actually offering a good sale, as well as being a stickler for all things grammar and formatting. She spends most of her free time at home entertaining her small shih tzu puppy, testing new recipes, and traveling other worlds via video games and novels.