Everything Else (648)
That's the best price we could find by $130. Buy Now at Amazon
- Can be used as a laptop or a tablet
- 10th gen Intel Core i3-1011U Comet Lake 2.1GHz dual-core CPU
- 13" 1920 x 1080 (1080p) touch screen
- 4GB RAM and 64GB SSD
- Chrome OS
- Model: 82B80006UX
Never let an idea or plan go unexplored, and save all your pennies with this free app at $20 off list price. Shop Now at Microsoft Store
- You must be logged in to your account to redeem/install app.
- Organize your idea with pictures, shapes, colors, flags, and more.
- Use the auto-layout feature and make the perfect mind map, org chart, or family tree.
- Annotate and highlight your mind map with your pen, then export it to PDF or PNG for easy sharing.
- Sync your work to OneDrive for access on all your devices.
Pad your order over $100 and use coupon code ""45560" to drop the price to $75. It costs $45 more elsewhere. Buy Now at Staples
- 1920x1080 (1080p) native resolution
- 178° viewing angle
- HDMI, DVI-D, and VGA inputs
- Model: 3UA73AA#ABA
That's $45 less than Best Buy charges. Buy Now at Verizon Wireless
- Available in Charcoal Gray.
- front and back protection
- open-to-wake and close-to-sleep functionality
- Model: MRXD2ZM/A
Computers: The Basics
Shopping for computers doesn’t have to drain your savings — if you know how to find the best prices. Our team of experts review the sales and publish the best computer deals so you don’t have to work half as hard.
Basic Computer Terminology
You don’t have to be a tech wiz to buy your next computer. Make note of these common terms to help you when you’re shopping computer sales!
- Operating System (OS): This is the system that controls how your computer performs basic functions. The most common operating systems you’ll see right now are Windows 10 and Mac OS X. They perform comparably, so picking one relies on personal preference.
- Random-access memory (RAM): The short-term memory of your computer. Your RAM controls how quickly and efficiently your computer is able to switch between tasks. The higher the RAM, the better the performance.
- Processor (CPU) : The powerhouse or “brain” of the computer, your processor handles your computer’s basic instructions, such as using your mouse and keyboard, or running applications. The two most popular CPU manufacturers are AMD and Intel. You can read about which processor is right for you in this article from Digital Trends.
- Storage: There are two types of physical computer storage, hard drives (HD) and solid state drives (SSD), sometimes called flash drives . SSD storage is more common these days because they are more stable and faster. While it’s ideal to aim for greater storage space, a bigger drive will cost more money. Determine your storage needs based on how you plan to use your computer. Abt recommends starting with at least 500 GB of storage space.
Basic Software for Your PC
When you start using your new computer, you’ll want to install some basic software to get going. Most pre-built computers come with a suite of software pre-installed with the OS.
Whether you opt for a package like Microsoft Office or iWork, opt for freeware like Open Office, or choose an online software pack like G Suite, it’s always a good idea to install a productivity software to help you with tasks like making spreadsheets, word processing, and viewing PDFs.
Microsoft Edge and Safari are the standard browsers that come with a new computer, but many shoppers rely on browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Check out TechRadar’s review of the most common browsers here .
Not only does cloud storage give you more space than the limited physical storage on your PC, but it also gives you access to your files anywhere. Many companies like Google or Dropbox offer a limited amount of free cloud storage.
Antivirus tools do more than simply keep viruses at bay; they also protect against malware, phishing, adware, spyware, and more. Windows 10 comes with Microsoft Security Essentials as a default, and security options are built into Mac OS X (as opposed to a standalone program). That said, antivirus suites like Norton, McAfee, and Bitdefender may offer you more protection.
Many laptops and desktops no longer include a physical media drive. If you plan on watch