Personalize your DealNews Experience
- Create an Account or Login
- Select your Interests
- Toggle your Interests On/Off
It's really simple to set up. Create an account or log in to get started.
Don't worry — there aren't any hazing rituals or secret handshakes in this club. You simply visit the website, pay your membership fee, and then start enjoying free 2-day shipping and tons of other perks. Here's a handy step-by-step guide to doing exactly that.
1. Go to Amazon.com and sign in. If you don't already have an Amazon account, you'll need to create one.
2. On the front page, hover over "Try Prime" and click on "Start your free trial."
3. The default payment plan is $10.99 a month, but if you want to save money by paying annually, click "See more plans" and select that option. Then click "Start your 30-day Prime free trial."
4. If needed, add your payment information and billing address. Then click "Start your 30-day free trial."
There you go! If you decide you don't really like or need Prime, you can always cancel before the end of your trial to avoid being charged.
Your easiest way to get Prime for free is through the free trial that all new users have access to. If you've already maxed that out, you can also get free months added to you account when Amazon is late to delivery your packages.
As we recounted here, Amazon guarantees specific delivery times for Prime users. If Amazon misses that cutoff — even by an hour — you can write to a customer service rep and request a free month to be added to your account. Some users have had varying experiences with this option, so you can read our full writeup about it here.
Readers, what are your thoughts on Amazon Prime? If you're a longtime user, what are some of your favorite perks? If you haven't joined, what's held you back? Share your thoughts in the comments below!