Wait... Where Are All the Black Friday 2019 Deals?
Looking for updated info on Black Friday 2019? Check out our Black Friday Sneak Preview, where you'll find all the latest Black Friday ads, rumors, predictions, and more!
Whether you need to deck the halls or repair the walls, the Lowe's Black Friday sale has you covered. We've gathered up all the information on when to look for ads and how to save even more than advertised.
Read on for everything you need to know about this home improvement retailer's 2017 Black Friday deals.
When Will the Ad Be Released?
We expect Lowe's to release its Black Friday ad in mid-November, like it has the past few years. The ad's 20-some pages will be loaded with — what else? — home goods, with everything from vacuums to small appliances to Christmas decorations, and even the kitchen sink!
Will Lowe's Be Open on Thanksgiving?
Judging by last year, Lowe's will be closed on Thanksgiving. However, if history repeats itself, many of the deals from the sale will be available online on Thanksgiving Day.
When Does Lowe's Open on Black Friday?
Lowe's Black Friday hours will probably start at 6 am local time, although last year many of the deals went live online the day before. Eager home improvement shoppers may want to stay up late Wednesday night to snag the sales early.
When Is the Best Time to Shop?
Expect to see some deals the week before Black Friday, as Lowe's offered a Black Friday preview last year starting about a week prior to Thanksgiving. Black Friday deals will go live on the Lowe's website as soon as the turkey drops, so you can probably get a lot of shopping done before you even start perusing other retailers. Indeed, we saw the most deals on Thanksgiving last year.
What Will Be on Sale?
Not surprisingly, most of the best Lowe's deals were for home and garden items. In particular, tools — both power and hand varieties — make strong showings during Black Friday.
What Will Be the Big Doorbusters?
Christmas decorations were big doorbusters last year, with Lowe's taking 25% off artificial trees and other decorative items. There were also plenty of vacuum deals, featuring discounts of up to $200 on Dyson products. Appliances were another focus. Lowe's took up to 40% off refrigerators, washers and dryers, stoves, and other items. Look out for deals on these items this year as well.
What You Need to Know
Wherever you decide to shop during Black Friday, you'll need a solid strategy to make sure you don't miss out. Here are some tips to know when putting together your plan for the Lowe's Black Friday sale.
- When the sale starts: The Lowe's Black Friday hours will probably start at 6 am local time, although last year many of the deals went live online the day before.
- Time limitations: Set your alarm for midnight on Thanksgiving Day, as many Black Friday deals will actually be available early online.
- In-store or online? You shouldn't need to get to a store, but shopping the Lowe's website at midnight on Thanksgiving is a good idea.
- When the ad drops: We expect the ad to leak on or around November 17; the official release will come several days later.
- Best day to shop: Although Lowe's stores will likely be closed on Thanksgiving, we saw the most deals on Thanksgiving last year. Always check the website!
- Extra credit (card): If you're willing to get a Lowe's credit card, you'll get an extra 5% discount on any purchase you don't use special financing for. With the craziness of Black Friday, you should probably apply for this card in advance if you're interested.
- Don't forget military discounts: Currently serving and retired service members (and their immediate family) can present a valid military ID to get 10% off. Veterans who receive VA benefits are also eligible if they present a valid veteran identification card. (This discount doesn't apply to select items, such as gift cards.)
- Gift cards: Sites like Raise.com often offer discounts of 5% to 10% off Lowe's gift cards. Of course, if you don't find a tempting deal, you're stuck with the card, so make sure you have a plan before you purchase.
Excited for Black Friday deals? Consider subscribing to the DealNews Select newsletter to get a daily recap of all our best deals; you never know when a Black Friday price will be released! You can also download our app, visit the Black Friday Hub for the latest ads, or check out all our blog articles for more buying advice.