Sam's Club Black Friday Ad Analysis: Price Cuts on the iPhone 6 & Galaxy S5
Its name may conjure up images of economy-sized paper towels, but this membership-only wholesaler is stepping up its game this Black Friday with a handful of electronics sales we think are worth checking out, including the best iPhone 6 sale we've seen to date. From TVs to gift cards, we're breaking down Sam's Club's best Black Friday deals.
Sam's Club Black Friday Ad Analysis
The Good Deals
- Samsung 55" 4K Curved LED-Backlit LCD Smart Ultra HD Television for $1,278
- No matter where you stand on 4K technology, this TV is bound to turn a few heads. It's the cheapest curved 4K HDTV we've seen in this size range by about $240. We don't expect to see many name-brand TVs like this go on sale on Black Friday, but if you're an early adopter looking for a curved or 4K screen, this deal buys you both.
- Sanyo FVD48P4 48" 1080p LED LCD HDTV for $298
- This Sanyo 48" 1080p LCD HDTV will be available in-store only and in very limited qualities, but it beats our prediction for this TV size by a buck. If there's a doorbuster deal worth getting up early for, this could be the one.
- Apple iPhone 6 16GB Smartphone for $99
- iPhone 6 deals have been mediocre since Apple's launch, but this deal may be the one to open the floodgates. Outside of an early Walmart pre-order, the 16GB iPhone 6 has not dropped below $179. This Sam's Club deal cuts its list price by 50% to just $99 (with a 2-year contract renewal), which is on par with our iPhone prediction. The same applies to the iPhone 6 64GB and iPhone 6 128GB, which have been discounted to $199 and $299 respectively. These iPhone deals go live on November 15, but proceed with caution because other retailers may match these prices, undercut them, or bundle gift cards with said purchases.
- Apple iTunes $100 (4 x $25) Multipack Gift Cards for $79
- When it comes to gift cards, December deals traditionally trump November sales, but this deal from Sam's Club is trying to buck that trend. It offers four $25 cards for $79. In terms of iTunes gift card discounts, it's slightly better than average and more importantly, it undercuts Costco's offering by $6. Don't need so many cards? This $50 iTunes gift card is also selling for $40, or 20% off.
- Google Play $100 Gift Card for $84
- Google Play gift card deals aren't as common as iTunes gift card deals, so we'd be remiss to let this one get away. It takes 16% off the face value of a $100 card for a final price of $84.
- Element 55" 1080p LCD HDTV for $398
- This online-only deal will be available on Thanksgiving day. Although we've already seen an off-brand 55" TV sell for lower (we saw a Westinghouse at $380 back in September), this deal still gets our nod for being the second-cheapest 55" HDTV we've ever seen.
- Vizio D500i-B1 50" 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV for $398
- Buyer beware: this 50" Vizio will be limited to just 10 units per store, but if you find yourself at a Sam's Club store on Black Friday, this TV is worth hunting down due to its very rare (and low) price. Outside of refurbs, it's the cheapest 50" Vizio we've ever seen and it beats last year's Black Friday low (for a similar Vizio TV) by $52.
- Xbox One Assassin's Creed Bundle for $329
- You'll need lightning-quick reflexes to snag this deal, especially since it's limited to two per store, but if you're lucky, this Xbox bundle is $20 under Microsoft's price. And don't worry if it sells out before you set foot inside the store: Dell offers the same Xbox One bundle online for just a buck more.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 16GB Android Phone for $1
- As we predicted, Black Friday will bring excellent deals on Android smartphones. This one from Sam's Club offers Samsung's current flagship for just $1 with a 2-year contract. That's the cheapest price we've seen all year for the S5. More of a phablet fan? Sam's Club also offers the 5.7" Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for $1, also with a 2-year contract renewal.
- Keurig 2.0 K460 Brewing System for $100
- If the company's new DRM policy doesn't bother you, this is the cheapest Keurig 2.0 system we've seen since the company unveiled its new machines this fall.
With a big emphasis on tech, Sam's Club has placed itself with the likes of Best Buy and Walmart, which have yet to announce their ads. Other noteworthy, but less exciting deals, include a handful of Blu-ray titles from $9, fitness trackers from $70, and 50% off a selection of hardcover books.
Excited for Black Friday deals? Consider subscribing to the DealNews Select Newsletter to get a daily recap of all our deals; you never know when a Black Friday price will be released! You can also download the DealNews app, check out the latest Black Friday ads, or read more buying advice.