Save $3 off the list price of this recently released single-player 3rd person adventure game inspired by Nordic folklore and the landscapes of Iceland. Buy Now at Steam
- It's also available digitally for Nintendo Switch for $19.99 ($5 off).
That's $2 off this newly released 2D action-platformer in which you play as one of two girls trying to stop evil Queen Evangelyn Bramann from achieving world domination. Buy Now at Steam
- single player or co-op game modes
- pixel art
- This recently released game is also coming to Nintendo Switch June 30.
- It's also available on PC for $59.99 via Steam.
- Pre-order items may have an in-cart discount (typically around $10) or bonus items and arrive by the release date with free shipping. This applies to select items; see individual product pages for details.
- Most games have free 2-day shipping.
- Check out new and upcoming titles. If applicable, bonus offers are listed on the product page.
- Get one-day shipping for $10 for release date delivery or free shipping on $35 for delivery 2 to 4 days after release.
- The Preorder Street Date Guarantee means you can choose one-day shipping on orders placed by 12 pm ET the day before release for guaranteed release date delivery, or shipping charges will be returned.
- Preorders have a low price guarantee in the case of the GameStop price going lower before release.
New Video Game Releases
Looking to stay updated on all the latest new video game releases without breaking the bank? The deal experts here at DealNews have you covered. We’ve scoured the internet, hunting down deals on games released in the last 45 days, so you can keep your eyes on the in-game prizes instead.
Video Game Price Trends
The price of a newly released game can vary greatly, depending on whether the title is produced by an indie development company or a major publisher. A typical AAA title will usually cost $60 upon initial release across all major platforms. (“AAA” refers to games produced by mid-size or major publishing studios.)
On the other hand, newly released indie games can cost anywhere from $5 to $40, depending on several factors:
- The perceived value and scope of the gameplay
- Whether the studio has published recognizable titles previously
- The pricing of similar games already on the market
We’re entering the later years of the lifespans of current video game consoles — the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were both released in 2013, and both have successor consoles slated for release around the holidays of 2020. As such, the prices of current-generation titles may begin to drop slightly .
Tips & Tricks
Our Blog team has compiled an extensive guide on how to snag a deal on video games and consoles around the holiday season. Here are some of our most helpful tips on how to pay less for new video game releases:
- Check for console bundles that include newly released titles, as well as special editions of said titles that include extra content. These are typically bundled to save a few bucks off the combination of items, and will be a better bet than buying them separately.
- Marketplace sellers can be your best bet for finding discounts on the newest video games. Check Amazon, eBay, and Rakuten marketplaces for deeper discounts that you’d see on the official publishers’ sites.
- Gift card offers can help you save on future games. Buying a new console? Search for deals including gift cards to help you snag games or accessories for less.
Brittany has been working at DealNews since 2013; she started out on the coupons team, and now navigates the waters of deal writing. As a member of the Content team, she spends most of her time sussing out whether stores are actually offering a good sale, as well as being a stickler for all things grammar and formatting. She spends most of her free time at home entertaining her small shih tzu puppy, testing new recipes, and traveling other worlds via video games and novels.