Apply code "479BEZ" to get this price. That's $42 less than buying a new one elsewhere. Buy Now at UntilGone
- A 30-day warranty applies.
- wide viewing angles
- HDMI, displayport, and VGA video inputs
- IPS edge-lit LED LCD
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Model: PXN2770MW
It's $53 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 32 QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Display
- Ergo Stand (Extend/Retract/Swivel/Height/Pivot/Tilt)
- 3-Side Virtually Borderless Design
- sRGB 99% Color Gamut with HDR 10
- USB Type-C Connectivity with 60W Power Delivery
- AMD FreeSync Compatible
- Model: 27QN880-B
- UPC: 719192637535
It's $59 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- Full HD display/ 1080P display: Be prepared for brilliant visuals and crisp images with the unforgettable quality of this stunning FHD display.
- Micro-edge Display: with virtually no bezel encircling the display, an ultra-wide viewing experience provides for seamless multi-monitor set-ups.
- Amd Free Sync technology: see and feel The difference of fluid, responsive game play. By synchronizing the refresh rate with your GPU, AMD Free Sync makes display stutter, input lag, and screen tears ancient history.
- Adjust your view: adjust the screen to your personal preference With a 5 forward or 25 backward tilt.
- Connectivity technology: USB
- Model: 27fwa
- UPC: 193015096905, 193015096936, 193015096882, 193015096912, 193015096851, 193015096875, 193015096844, 193015096899, 193015096950, 193015096868, 193015096837, 193015096929
It's $78 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- Slim Design 21.5 inch Full HD Wide Screen LED display and Quick 5 ms response time delivering smooth video display; Pixel Pitch 0.248mm; Viewing Angle (CR10):170(H)/160(V)
- Aspect Control function allows users to select a preferred display mode among full and 4:3 for true to life gaming or movie watching without any data loss or image distortion
- Smart View Technology can adjust color parameters to deliver the same image quality and colors with straight viewing
- Splendid Video Intelligence Technology optimizes video performance and image fidelity by enhancing color, brightness, contrast, and sharpness; Compliance and Standards; EPEAT Gold Certified, Energy Star, UL/cUL, CB, CE, ErP, FCC, CCC, BSMI, Gost R, C Tick, VCCI, PSB, EK, J MOSS, RoHS, WEEE, Windows Vista and Windows 7 WHQL
- 50,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio dynamically enhances the displays contrast to delivering lifelike images; Inputs of D Sub, DVI, HDMI
- Mounting Type: VESA Compatibility; Mountable 100 x 100mm
- Model: VS228H-P/VS228
- UPC: 610839367177
It's $20 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 32 2560x1440 VA Display with 165Hz Refresh Rate, 1 ms Response Time
- Native 1500R Curvature
- Improved Gaming Experience with G-Sync Compatible
- Smooth Gameplay with AMD FreeSync Premium Pro
- VESA Display HDR400 and 94% DCI-P3
- GIGABYTE Classic Tactical Features with OSD Sidekick
- GIGABYTE Auto-Update
- Ergonomic Design with Tilt and Height Adjustments
- Low Blue Light & Flicker-Free
- 1x Display Port 1. 2, 2x HDMI 2. 0, 2x USB 3. 0
- Model: G32QC-SA
- UPC: 889523020982
Computer Monitors: The Basics
You’ve found your perfect computer, but now you need a display. The type of monitor you should buy (and how much you’ll spend) depends on what you’re using it for. A gamer has different needs from someone who will only use their monitor for watching YouTube. No matter what you’re shopping for, DealNews has the monitor deals you need.
When you’re shopping for a monitor, it’s important to understand some basic terminology:
- Aspect Ratio
This measurement, expressed as two numbers separated by a colon, is a proportional representation of the monitor’s height and width. The three most common aspect ratios are 4:3, 16:9, and 21:9, with higher-end monitors available in more extreme ratios.
- Viewable Screen Area
The viewable screen is the part of a monitor that displays content, as opposed to the parts that may be covered by a border. You might see this measurement listed after the size, such as: 24’’(23.6” Viewable). Many monitors are now borderless.
Resolution is how many pixels make up a screen, and is described as length x width. For example, a 1080p monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels.
- Response Time
The response time is how long it takes for a monitor to change individual pixels from black to white (or in some technologies, gray to gray). This determines how sharp an image is. When viewing a monitor’s response time, the lower the number, the better.
- Refresh Rate
The refresh rate is how many times the image updates each second. This is measured in Hertz (Hz). In general, you should buy a monitor with at least a 60Hz refresh rate, but higher numbers are generally better. (Note that not all manufacturers include specs regarding refresh rate.)
Display Panel Types
- Twisted Nematics (TN): These panels are the fastest and most inexpensive panels on the market. But what you make up for in speed and price, you lose in color and viewing angles. TN panels are an especially good choice for gamers who need higher refresh rates, and low response time.
- Vertical Alignment (VA): Considered the middle ground between TN and IPS panels, VA monitors have good color and contrast and a mid-tier price. These panels have some of the slowest response times, so they’re best suited to general use.
- In-Plane Switching (IPS): These panels have great color and viewing angles with a response time that falls between TN and VA panels. IPS panels are the most expensive, and are best suited for professional design use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What features should I consider when purchasing a monitor?
First, think about how you’ll use the monitor. The screen size, resolution, panel type, and response time you’ll need are all heavily dependent on your use case. It’s also important to make sure your monitor has the correct inputs for your computer — if not, you should look into purchasing an adapter. Once you’ve decided on the specs you’ll need, check out DealNews for the best deals on cheap monitors.
What is a curved monitor?
Curved monitors are growing in popularity, as they can help your eyes take in more of the screen at once. If you tend to use dual monitors, a single curved monitor can typically fulfill the same role. Unfortunately, the technology is still relatively new and curved monitor prices tend to be higher.
What brands have the best monitor deals?
When it comes to monitors, finding the right brand is less important than finding the right combination of features. To help you find exactly what you need, DealNews publishes deals from many different monitor manufacturers. You can see all the monitor sales here, or you can check out monitors on our brand- and store-specific pages, including Acer , Alienware , Asus , Dell , Lenovo , LG , Samsung and more!
A Georgia girl with three years of experience in IP Law and grounded in understanding marketing and consumer motives. When she's not working with the fabulous staff of DealNews, you can find her whining at rowing practice and browsing the Hot Deals on the site.