What to Expect From Toys"R"Us Black Friday Sales in 2017
Wait... Where Are All the Black Friday 2019 Deals?
Looking for updated info on Black Friday 2019? Check out our Black Friday Sneak Preview, where you'll find all the latest Black Friday ads, rumors, predictions, and more!
If you've ever hit the toy aisles around the holiday season, you know these sales are no game. We've got the info you'll need to take advantage of Toys"R"Us' Black Friday sale. Read on to find out when you'll see the ad, when the sales will start, and what items are likely to be included.
When Will the Ad Be Released?
The Toys"R"Us ad may leak in the second week of November. The official Black Friday and Thanksgiving Weekend circulars will drop in mid-November. Look for these around November 15.
Will Toys"R"Us Be Open on Thanksgiving?
Toys"R"Us hasn't announced its holiday hours yet this year. In the past couple of years, most locations opened at 5 pm local time on Thanksgiving and stayed open through Black Friday.
When Does Toys"R"Us Open on Black Friday?
Toys"R"Us Black Friday hours actually start at 5 pm on Thanksgiving. That's when the doorbusters went live. The stores then stayed open for 30 hours straight, until 11 pm on Black Friday. While many great deals were available through Saturday, doorbuster prices were only available until midnight Thursday.
When Is the Best Time to Shop?
Assuming a repeat of last year, you'll need to be in-store when they open the doors at 5 pm on Thanksgiving. On the other hand, if you're interested in the other items in the Toys"R"Us circular, your best bet is to shop online starting at 9 pm on Wednesday.
What Will Be on Sale?
While the category of toys encompasses a lot of things, there are some items we can count on. You can expect deep discounts on standbys like Nerf, LEGO, Barbie, and Hot Wheels. You can also expect at least one great deal on video game figure sets, like Amiibo or Skylanders. Toys"R"Us saw a lot of response last year when it offered select video game titles at two for $25, so a repeat of this deal is a strong possibility.
What Will Be the Big Doorbusters?
We expect to see at least one "tech toy" doorbuster — think Hatchimals or Hexbug BattleBots. We also might see a deal on the popular SNES Classic Edition, though stock is guaranteed to be limited. Other items likely to be tapped as doorbusters include ride-on toys, train sets or tables, video games, and kids' tablets. Finally, check out the Toys"R"Us "Hot Toy" list — it's a safe bet that you'll see some of these must-haves in the Black Friday ad, especially the Toys"R"Us exclusives.
What You Need to Know
Wherever you decide to shop during Black Friday, you'll need a solid strategy to make sure you don't miss out. Here's everything you need to know to put together your plan for the Black Friday sale at Toys"R"Us.
- When the sale starts: Most locations will open at 5 pm local time on Thanksgiving, and stay open through Black Friday.
- Time limitations: If you want an in-store exclusive doorbuster, you'll have to be there when doors open on Thanksgiving. Those discounts will likely end at midnight on Thursday.
- In-store or online? Last year many of the retailer's best deals were in-store exclusives, with some doorbusters only available on the evening of Thanksgiving. On the other hand, if you're interested in the other items in the Toys"R"Us circular, your best bet is to shop online starting at 9 pm on Wednesday.
- When the ad drops: The official Black Friday and Thanksgiving Weekend circulars will drop around November 15, but the ad may leak several days sooner.
- Best day to shop: Thanksgiving is the only day to score in-store doorbusters.
- Get rewarded: Sign up with Rewards"R"Us. It's free to join and members get plenty of Black Friday perks. Last year, members received exclusive online and in-store access to over 100 Black Friday prices starting the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Not only that, members can earn rewards dollars as they make purchases — typically $5 in rewards for every $125 spent.
Excited for Black Friday deals? Consider subscribing to the DealNews Select newsletter to get a daily recap of all our best deals; you never know when a Black Friday price will be released! You can also download our app, visit the Black Friday Hub for the latest ads, or check out all our blog articles for more buying advice.