10 Free April Fools' Pranks to Try at Home
If you're stuck inside, you can bring some levity to your social distancing with free April Fools' Day pranks! April 1 is only days away, so we've rounded up 10 April Fools' prank ideas to get you started.
DISCLAIMER: DealNews can't be held liable if any of these April Fools' pranks result in a loss of friends, status, job, freedom, teeth (when your victim punches you), etc.
10 Free April Fools' Pranks
- Leave a message on an upside-down cup that alludes to something horrible being trapped there. Put the cup on your kitchen floor where someone is sure to stumble upon it.
- Find a sleeping person, fill their hand with shaving cream, and then tickle their nose. Replace the shaving cream with whipped cream for a more delicious prank!
- Wrap tape or a rubber band around your kitchen sink sprayer, so the trigger is held down. When someone goes to get a glass of water, they'll... open the fridge and grab the Brita pitcher. But when they go to wash their glass: POW!
- Here's a classic April Fools' prank: put tape over the optical sensor of someone's mouse.
- Grab your biggest knife, and cover it and your hand in ketchup. Run into any occupied room while screaming. If you're lucky, you'll get to hear your mom curse for the first time ever! (True story.)
- Cover an open toilet bowl with clear plastic wrap. (You'll probably want to consider the cleanup work as your penance for playing this April Fools' Day prank.)
- Stretch more plastic wrap across a doorway at shoulder height. Most people will walk right into it!
- Here's another plastic wrap prank submitted by a DealNews commenter: if someone leaves their water bottle unattended, take the lid or cap off, apply plastic wrap, and replace the lid!
- Another April Fools' prank submitted by a commenter: press the "print screen" key on a PC, paste the image into Paint, hit save, and set it as the desktop background. Move all the icons to the trash. When your hapless victim goes to begin their workday at home, clicking won't accomplish anything!
- Here's an anti-prank: get some peanut brittle, break it up, and put it into a can. On April Fools' Day, snicker as you ask your housemates, "Do you want some peanut brittle?" They'll look at you like you're an idiot and pass, thinking the can is actually full of spring-loaded snakes. But it's not — the can is full of actual peanut brittle! ANTI-PRANK!
Gosh, some of these April Fools' pranks are just cruel, right? Readers, do you have any more free April Fools' Day pranks you can pull at home? Tell us about them in the comments below, and maybe we'll add them to the list next year!