We loved the deeper red shade of this silk satin kimono – there's something immediately sultry, yet sophisticated about it that we would love to emulate. This was also one of the few times we saw bare legs on the runways -- it seems that most designers tend to pair dresses with tights this season.
Created in 2002 to promote awareness for women's heart disease, Jenna Fischer, Liza Minelli, Heid Klum, and many other celebrities took it to the runway this season in red dresses designed by a Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Donna Karan, and Badgley Mischka among others. Our favorite was Jenna Fischer (of "The Office") in this Carmen Marc Valvo gown. ports
This collection was an ethereal compilation of sorts, complete with filmy, floating white gowns and red tights paired with couture-like dresses played to both our sophisticated and little girl sides. We love that Fetherston sent models down the runway several times with the red-hued tights, our favorite being this asymmetrical black mini dress.
The designer used red as the central color in an abstract color-blocking motif – making a statement that red doesn't have to be all over, but still holds sway over making a look quite interesting.
This label of course loves sporty chic – and what better way to spice up a shrunken suit than with a burst of red? Here we've got both the top and shoes in the color of the moment. The use of the color here isn't overkill – it's just enough to give a knowing nod to how surprisingly fabulous red can be when paired with a suit (and tie).
We found the vibrant red that kicked off the collection at Tibi absolutely thrilling – just what we were looking for to carry us into next fall! The lighter fabrication made the display of red feel fresh and approachable for both day and night. Our favorite red looks included this layered blouse and seventies-inspired dress.
So now, we're sure you've been wondering what we have in store for you as far as fabulous red frocks go. Our picks are:
- Scooter Brown Double Breasted Wool Pant Coat, $79.99 at Overstock.com. In our opinion, they're nothing more chic than a red coat, in the latest cut of the season – in this instance, its a modified peacoat.
- Merona Knit Wrap Dress in Crimson Rose, $17.49 at Target. What else can we say – the wrap dress is a tried and true classic, so having the iconic silhouette in red means your going to get extra bang for your buck! We'd love to see this with some black patent leather pumps or silver slingbacks.
- McQ By Alexander McQueen Red Ruffle Snap Front Shirt, $99.99 at Bluefly.com. If you don't want to do red all over, this is the perfect option: pair with a pencil skirt or jeans, depending on the occasion.
- BCBGirls Ariel Peep Toe Pump, $44.89 shipped from Amazon.com. When you need a deeper shade of red that can easily translate from day to night – this is definitely the perfect shoe to do it for you. We don't necessarily endorse pairing it with a red dress, UNLESS the color is an EXACT match.
- Luichiny Pretty Pump, $64.95 shipped from Endless.com. We love the combination of a peeptoe, bow, and satin – all very, very, very in for fall!
- The Hollywould Kelly Bow Slides, $7.49 at Target are perfect for when you want less of a heel, and these Cherokee Elle Canvas Skimmers, $7.49, also Target, work well when you want to play it casual.