Members can sign up for student deals to get an extra $100 off the sale price for this Chromebook, which is nicely equipped for the price and features a 360° flip-and-fold design to operate in various modes. Buy Now at Best Buy
- This price is for My Best Buy members (it's free to join).
- 10th-generation Intel Core i3-10110U 2.1GHz Comet Lake dual-core CPU
- 14" 1920 x 1080 (1080p) touch screen
- 8GB RAM and 64GB eMMC
- Chrome OS
- Can be used as a laptop or a tablet
- Model: 14C-CA0053DX
It's $100 under list and the lowest price we could find. Buy Now at HP
- Available in Silver or Gold.
- 10th-gen. Intel Core i7-1065G7 1.3GHz Ice Lake quad-core CPU
- 13.3" 1920x1080 (1080p) display
- 8GB RAM & 256GB SSD
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Model: 8MX92AV_1
Apply coupon code "SAVE17" to get this deal and take $362 off list. Buy Now at Dell Home
- 9th-Gen Intel Core i7-9750H 2.6GHz Coffee Lake 6-core CPU
- 15.6" 3840x2160 (2160p) UHD IPS display
- 32GB RAM; 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GPU graphics card
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
That's a savings of $40 off list and lowest price we could find. Buy Now at HP
- functions as a laptop or a tablet
- 10th-gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 1.2GHz Ice Lake dual-core CPU
- 14" 1366x768 (768p) native resolution touch display
- 8GB RAM; 128GB M.2 SSD
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- HP Active Pen
- Model: 8SS22AV_1
It's $150 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 11.6 Inch Laptop11.6 inch HD (1366 x 768) Widescreen LED screen with built-in 720p camera, Intel HD Graphics 500
- Dual-Core Celeron N3350Intel Celeron N3350 Processor (1.1 GHz base frequency up to 2.4 GHz, 2 cores, 2MB cache), 2-cell Li-ion, up to 9 hours battery life mixed-use
- High SpeedRAM is upgraded to 4GB LPDDR2 memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once
- Enormous SpaceHard Drive is upgraded to 32GB eMMC provides massive storage space for huge files, so that you can store important digital data and work your way through it with ease. Enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage
- NexiGo Bundle Bundled with NexiGo 128GB MicroSD Card, offers cost-effective portable solution instantly boosting available storage space for your laptop. 2 x USB Type A Ports, 2 x USB Type C Ports, 1 x Headphone Jack, 1 x Media Card Reader. 1-Year NexiPC Limited Warranty | View description and warranty section below for more details.
- Model: HP
- UPC: 766214626787
It's $285 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 RAM (Upgraded); Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD(Upgraded) (Seal is broken for upgrades Only, Professional Installation Service included)
- Intel 8th Generation Intel Dual Core i7-8550U 1.80 GHz Processor (up to 4.0GHz, 4 cores 8 threads, 8MB Cache)
- 14 Inch FHD (1920x1080) 72% sRGB Color Ramut Ultra Wide-viewing Angle (UWVA) eDP +PSR, Slim Design| Integrated UHD Graphics 620 - Max Support 4K (4096x2304) at 60 Hz
- USB Type-C Thunderbolt | Wireless-AC (2x2) + Bluetooth v4.2 | Lightweight and thin only 0.74" and 3.25 lbs
- Warranty from HP till to June-2022; Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Ideal for Home, Professionals, small business, and education.
- Model: Elitebook 840 G5 Business Laptop
- UPC: 778942711833
It's $20 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- 15.6 in HD WLED touchscreen (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 1.3 GHz up to 3.9 GHz.
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM 2666MHz, 512GB SSD, No Optical Drive.
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics, HD Audio with stereo speakers. HP TrueVision HD camera.
- Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, 1 HDMI 1.4, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C, 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A.
- Model: 7NZ97UA
- UPC: 193905544691
It's $119 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- HP Stylus Pen Included
- Intel Core i7 8565U (1.8 GHz base frequency(2b), up to 4.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology(2g), 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- 15.6" diagonal 4K IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit micro-edge touch screen (3840 x 2160)
- 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
- NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- Model: 15-df0013dx
- UPC: 706612386937
It's $651 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- Memory: 64GB DDR4 RAM; Storage: 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD+2TB HDD(reseal for upgrades ONLY)
- Intel 8th Generation Intel i7-8750H 6-Core (2.20 GHz up to 4.10GHz, 9 MB Cache)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Glossy Display, NVIDIA Quadro P600 with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
- Fingerprint | Backlit Keyboard | USB Type-C Thunderbolt | Wireless-AC (2x2) + Bluetooth v5.0 | 1 x Thunderbolt 3, 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack, 2 x Integrated Speaker, 1 x Integrated Microphone, SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Ideal for Home, Professionals, small business, and education.
- Model: HP Zbook 15v G5 workstation
- UPC: 778942713165
It's $1,100 under list price. Buy Now at Amazon
- With the latest 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U 2.2GHz, up to 3.4GHz, 4M cahce, performance beats i5-7200U; smart dual-core, four-way processing performance for HD-quality computing.
- With a 14" Full HD display; the 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Ips technology for wide viewing angles.Intel UHD Graphics 620; full-size island-style backlit keyboard
- 4GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM Memory for full-power multitasking;256GB SSD offer enough storage for your files
- Wireless 802.11B/g/n/ac (2x2) & Bluetooth 4.2; 1x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C (data transfer only, data up to 5Gbs); 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (data transfer only); 1x HDMI 1.4B; 1x RJ-45; 1x Headphone/Microphone combo
- Windows 10 in S mode free upgrade to Windows 10 Home, with instruction. Front-facing HP true vision HD Webcam with integrated digital Microphone; 3-cell 41Whr polymer/prismatic Battery; no Optical Drive
- Model: 14-DF
- UPC: 889296921356
Laptops: The Basics
Buying a laptop can be a tricky business. There’s a myriad of manufacturers, specs, operating systems, and a constantly revolving door of new releases and updates to keep track of. The first and most important thing you should consider when purchasing is “What am I primarily using this laptop for?”
Once you make that decision, the field narrows down, and you can start hunting for the best deals on the perfect laptop for you . To get you started, here are a few ways you might use a new laptop:
Browsing the Web and Connecting With Social Media, Chat, and Email
If your main use will be primarily browser-based, you can find great deals on smaller laptop systems, including inexpensive Windows laptops, Chromebooks, and the MacBook Air. Such machines are also suitable for many students.
Replacing a Desktop Computer for Work
If you often find yourself switching between machines at work and at home, or working remotely, looking for a laptop sale with better hardware may be in your best interest. Be sure to shop for a laptop with hardware that meets or exceeds the minimum specifications for any program or application you use frequently. In addition, choosing a laptop with a screen size of at least 15" may improve your workflow and productivity. Some popular options include the MacBook Pro, and offerings from HP, Lenovo, and Dell.
Gaming on the Go
If you’re a gamer, your options — while still plentiful — narrow even further. Laptops with discrete graphics cards and the latest hardware will ensure you can play the latest and greatest AAA titles. These laptops will also often be some of the bulkiest machines, in order to pack better cooling and battery life into a relatively svelte package. Popular manufacturers include Dell Alienware, Acer, Asus, Razer, and MSI.
Check Out These Blog Articles About Laptops
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose an operating system?
Chances are, you’ve already decided whether you’re looking for a Mac or a Windows machine, as this decision typically comes down to personal preference and history. The majority of the most popular programs and applications are available on both Apple OSX and Microsoft Windows 10, so you shouldn’t have too much difficulty sharing data. Here’s a brief rundown of the most popular options available:
- Windows Laptops
Easily the largest category in terms of manufacturers and hardware options, Windows laptops will commonly be using a version of Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows 10. Models run the gamut from basic 11” netbooks to ultra-high-end 17” business workstations or specialty gaming machines with dedicated graphics cards and high resolution displays.
Unsurprisingly, this expansive category also sports a wide range of prices. With near-constant releases of newer and faster hardware, many laptop manufacturers release new top-of-the-line laptop models regularly. Some of the best laptop deals are for previously released models.
- Apple MacBooks
Apple released its first MacBook laptop in 2006, and quickly established itself as one of the most popular options for many laptop buyers. (Indeed, stopping at your local coffee shop on a busy day can look like a veritable orchard of glowing Apples.) Considered to be one of the more expensive options, MacBooks also have some of the longest lifetimes among laptops.
There are three types: MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro. The MacBook Air, a slimmed-down notebook, offers incredible portability. The MacBook Pro — generally packed with some of the newest hardware available — is aimed towards creative professionals and heavy users. The original MacBook (currently out of production) usually strikes a balance between the Air and Pro. It’s more expensive, but more powerful, than the Air, and cheaper (and less powerful) than the Pro.
With aluminum unibody frames and high-quality displays, all MacBook variants tend to hold their value longer than their PC counterparts. Although, with frequent releases featuring new hardware (generally two to three times per year), great deals can always be found on refurbished and previous-year models.
First introduced in 2011, these machines run Google’s Chrome OS. As one might imagine from the name, they’re based around Google’s Chrome web browser. They can handle all the common apps you can find in the Google Play store, and the bulk of application and user data is stored in the cloud.
These often inexpensive laptops are great options for students and folks that don’t require the sheer processing power of traditional laptops. Chromebooks still offer the most common computing tasks — email, web browsing, spreadsheets, media playback, and more — all within the Google ecosystem. Popular Chromebook manufacturers include (unsurprisingly) Google, Dell, Samsung, and Acer.
What size laptop should I choose?
Again, think of your main uses of this laptop. If it’s meant to replace your desktop or will be your main computer, looking at a 17” might make your workflow easier. On the other side of things, if this is a notebook you’ll be tossing in a backpack and commuting with, perhaps a 11” or 13” model will make your life easier.
How much should I spend on a laptop?
In general, you should consider spending a little more to future-proof your laptop purchase. Component manufacturing continues to evolve at a rapid pace, and software developers continue to update their applications. All computers will eventually reach the end of their useful life, as their hardware falls under the minimum requirements.
Generally speaking, the more budget you can put towards better specs, the longer your machine will be able to run the newest programs. That being said, many Windows laptops allow user-replaceable upgrades, including RAM and hard drives, which can extend the lifespan and bring down that initial price.
What laptop accessories do I need?
While perfectly usable as-is, it’s important to consider some accessories that may make using your laptop easier. Typically, you’ll want a mouse, USB thumb drives or external hard drives, and a laptop case or backpack. If you’re using your new laptop at home, a secondary monitor can be another good choice.
How do I get the best laptop deals?
Here at DealNews, we find new laptop deals every day. Once you've decided on a few key laptop specs that are must-haves for you, you can peruse these deals to find a model that fits your needs and falls in your desired price range. We post cheap laptops under $200, budget-friendly models under $500, and discounts on higher-end systems.
If you don't see a deal on the build you want, do some internet research to find current pricing at the stores that sell it, and then search for coupon codes. Retailers like Lenovo and Dell regularly offer promo codes, which can reduce the price significantly. From there, you can determine which store offers the lowest price, and whether you should act on that price now or wait for a better time to buy.
Speaking of when to buy, we see a higher number of laptop sale prices during certain times of the year. We typically list up to 300 laptop deals per month, but this number spikes during the holiday shopping season in November and December. You're more likely to find a good deal during this time. We've also seen an uptick in July previously, likely for Back to School shopping.
Another way to save is to buy a refurbished model . Retailers like Dell Refurbished Store and Apple can offer quality refurbs at lower prices than those for new items, plus Dell Refurbished often has coupon codes that take up to 60% off. When making a purchase, review the item's condition, warranty, and return policy carefully, in case you run into any issues.
What are the best laptop deals for Black Friday?
Our Blog article on Black Friday laptop predictions covers what we expect to see in pricing for the holiday shopping season, and we update it to reflect actual pricing from the Black Friday ads once they're released. The article features our picks for the best lap